Windows 10: Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Discus and support Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware) in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" Note... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Hi folks
    add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line :

mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE"

Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it.
    In the VM config screen also check the box on display - enable 3d graphics

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Jan 9, 2019
  4. kentwaz Win User

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

When I right click on my desktop as you instructed, I cannot find "Graphics Properties" as mentioned above. I can't see 3D when I right click on .jpg file to select option to "Open with" on 3D windows.

My OS is windows 10.

kentwaz, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware) - Similar Threads - Enable hardware acceleration

2. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  3. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  4. how to enable hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable hardware acceleration: plz help me to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-hardware-acceleration/843ebfe9-bc78-452f-af10-ea2b06f465f1
  5. 3d accelerator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3d accelerator error: I downloaded windows 10 to my pc and i cant get my world of warcraft game to play. The game downloaded but whenever i hit start i get a error saying 3d accelerator isnt compatible or something like that. I tried updating nvidia, it has the microsoft basic adapter and far as i...
  6. VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's: Hi there clicking the 3D / hardware acceleration doesn't always work to get hardware acceleration and 3D to work on VM's with Linux hosts. A "get around" that usually works is to manually add this line to the .vmx (VMWare configuration file) : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers...
  7. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's: Hi there If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when you've ticked the enable 3d box in the edit VM configuration from the VMWare menu simply add these 2 lines to the .vmx VM...
  8. 3D accelerator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D accelerator: Is 3D accelerator available for my system so I can still play Forge of Empires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3d-accelerator/0514f0ae-86b9-41ca-81bb-ffff177e8549
  9. Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games: I'm running on AMD Sapphire 7850 2GB OC. All PopCap Games works fine on my previous Windows versions. I couldn't change resolutions or enable hardware accelerations. Stuck on full screen. I've done clean install for Windows 10, reinstalled the AMD driver v15.7.1 and still...
  10. How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?: While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable vm acceleration

2. vmware 3d acceleration

3. 3d acceleration vmfushion

4. how to enable 3d acceleration vm azure,
  5. 3d acceleration vmware,
  6. enable hardware acelleration vmware svga 3d,
  7. how to disable 3d graphics aceleration vmx file,
  8. 3d acceleration in vm windows,
  9. enable 3d acceleration vmware,
  10. vmware turn of 3d acceleration,
  11. how to enable 3d in vmware,