Windows 10: Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

Discus and support Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jarvis ChristianPalada, May 28, 2019.

1. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work around to troubleshoot this problem but I could only found the steps for WINDOWS 7 only. I am using WINDOWS 10 and ie11. Thank you

***Original title: How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Windows in ie11 WINDOWS 10***

:)

Jarvis ChristianPalada, May 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

That's ok. To help clarify for everyone, which registry editing did you use and apply?

In addition, what error message are you trying to get rid of?

If you mean for the "Open-File Security Warning" message, then you could use the download in step 5 of OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to disable it.

Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, May 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 asks for the Security Warning?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you are opening favorites from the Internet Explorer it might warn you while accessing websites.

If they are known websites, you may add those links as a trusted site and you will not get the warning.

To do so follow these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and type inetcpl.cpl
      and hit Enter.
    • Click Security Tab and click Trusted Sites.
    • Click Add and add the website that you trust.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 28, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

Security attributes for Downloaded files

To disable the Open File Security Warning in all browsers or apps that downloads a file from the internet, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
    • Adjust the lever to your desired security level (From low to high) and click OK. You can also add trusted sites if your site is not yet on the list.
    In addition to the steps above, you can Customize the level of security. Just click Custom level and you can
    Enable the app or browser that you want to download files.

Let us know how it goes.

Allan Mej, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

1. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet... - Similar Threads - Enable Always Ask

2. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  3. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  4. Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10: Hi, Is there any way of re-enabling the check box 'Always ask before opening this file type' in Windows 10? It is for a .docx file. I have tried removing the default program association through regedit, but cannot find anything online that shows how to re-enable this tick...
  5. How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10: such as .exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-always-ask-before-opening-such-a/195e7c2c-3b6f-4f3d-98e4-ae388affecec
  6. How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10: I am a new user from Windows 7 and I found there a nice features (Open File - Security Warning Message) is missing on my Windows 10 version 1803. Note: I want to ENABLE it not disable it. I have tried to run inetcpl.cpl and reset to default, also tried to select Prompt...
  7. How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  8. Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016: I accidentally remove the checkbox 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' when opening an attachment in outlook 2016 on windows 10. Anyone knows how i can restore this please? *Mad i find that you can resolve this by deleting the long string number in the key...
  9. Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File'

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File': When I'm about to install an .exe file I get a security warning with the heading, "Do you want to run this file" along with an option to, "Always ask before opening this file." I checked off that option and I disabled UAC. I don't want to see this message again when I install...
  10. Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file'

in Windows 10 Support
    Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file': How do I reenable back the 'Always ask before opening this file' security popup for a .js script file? It is normally executed by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. While it is annoying for everytime I double-clicked it instead of right-clicking it to edit the code,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 IE11 remove Always ask before opening this type of file