Windows 10: Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

Discus and support Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to disable and enable the Display Adapters on my Device Manager. The reason is that, I have a laptop which will connect to the PC at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichelleRamirez, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

Hi,

I would like to disable and enable the Display Adapters on my Device Manager. The reason is that, I have a laptop which will connect to the PC at home but I don't want things to be viewed/displayed on my PC whenever I will Remote (using TeamViewer or AnyDesk) it from a far.

Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10 bb650ff3-3d3d-48ac-9df6-74a1666a186a?upload=true.png

Scenario I will be needing:

- I will remote my PC at home without display, and can be viewed only in my laptop

- Once I get home, I can still enable the Disabled Display Adapters

And also, can I still remote it even if the Display Adapter is not working?

I would like to do test but will be able to get things back to normal if things go wrong.

Thank you!

:)

RichelleRamirez, Feb 19, 2019

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 19, 2019
  3. I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

rafikiphoto, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

Display adapter issue after updating from 7 to 10

Hi Marty,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue doesn't get resolved, use these steps:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
        at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>
        Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose
        Enable Safe mode with networking.

Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

1. Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Display

2. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  3. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  4. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter: Hello Getting a problem in my PC which has fed me up ... I was using i3-1200f with AMD firepro m4900 for temporary use , will upgrade to 3060 in a week or two , So as F series cpu does not come with iGpuI accidentally Disabled Display adapter from device manager which Iam...
  6. Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter: Hello Getting a problem in my PC which has fed me up ... I was using i3-1200f with AMD firepro m4900 for temporary use , will upgrade to 3060 in a week or two , So as F series cpu does not come with iGpuI accidentally Disabled Display adapter from device manager which Iam...
  7. Monitor not giving display after disabling display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Display adapter disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display adapter disabled: Hello, I am stuck in a terrific situation. My display did not show anything during the boot process. So I connected my computer to an external monitor. Looking at the external monitor I tried to disable and re-enable the display adapter in device manager to try to fix it....
  9. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows How to Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you...
  10. Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light. The adaptive brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. estou com uma exclamacao no display adapters windows 10

2. enable display adapter

3. disable display adapter

4. disable display adapter windows 10,
  5. how to disable windows display adapter,
  6. if i disable my display adapter on laptop and remote into a computer will i be able to use my home computer again?,
  7. can i disable a dissplay adapter,
  8. disable display adapter kedua,
  9. pc disable display adapter,
  10. after win 10 update have to disable and then anable adaptor to get internet#,
  11. display adapters disable ,
  12. windows 10 disable display adaptor,
  13. windows 20 disable display adaptor,
  14. disable display adapter for windows 10 ,
  15. how to disable display adaptar