Windows 10: Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy

Discus and support Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a Group Policy which can be used to enable the Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes radio button?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ger_024, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Ger_024 Win User

Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy

Is there a Group Policy which can be used to enable the Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes radio button?

:)

Ger_024, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Shenmue2 Win User

How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"

Dear,

My company have lot of PC in many location, we want apply 1 setting in Windows,
    By default it is not enabled / not tick

Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy [​IMG]

In the Group Policy window please navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates ->
    Network -> DNS Client and open Register DNS records with connection-specific DNS suffix,
    Set Enabled also cannot enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"

As i know we can do it in register in each PC 1 by 1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces"NetworkInterfaceID" \RegisterAdapterName and the value set to 1

But i cannot collect all PC "NetworkInterfaceID" , is it possible to do this in more intelligent / more wisdom
    Like any command / vb / powershell ?

1. May i know how can we mass enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration" in all PC
    2. Is it possible to enable this setting in image before computer connect to network ?

Thank you very much
    Silver Fox

Shenmue2, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    windows10 dns resolution name problem - hostname.other not add the suffix dns

Hello Roberto,

Make sure that the Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes
    option is enabled in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings window of your network adapter. This option specifies that resolution for unqualified names that are used on your computer is limited to the domain suffixes of the primary suffix and all connection-specific
    suffixes. For more information, you may refer to the following link:
    Configure a Connection-Specific DNS Name
    . (Note: These steps are also applicable for Windows 10 machines.)

You might also be experiencing this issue because of DNS Devolution. This is applicable to computers that are in an Active Directory environment. For more information, you may refer to the following link:

DNS Devolution

For more advanced troubleshooting, we recommend that you also post this concern in the

Windows 10 IT Pro section of the Microsoft TechNet forums
    . TechNet Forums is a community for IT professionals and advanced users.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy

Primary Dns Suffix and Connection-specific DNS Suffix are blanked

After I've tried every answer.

For some reason ipconfig /all returns blanks where Primary Dns Suffix and Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be.

Is there another way to know my proxy server details?

KaliTheGreat, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy

1. Enable Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes setting via Group Policy - Similar Threads - Enable Append primary

2. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  3. how to remove primary dns suffix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove primary dns suffix: what is primary dns suffix how do i reset it, i recently connected my computer to my college LAN network and now my primary dns sufficx has the name of my institue even if i remove the LAN ,how can i completely eradicate that name frrom my pc...
  4. Windows DNS Client Not Querying Specified DNS Server Without Connection Specific Suffix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DNS Client Not Querying Specified DNS Server Without Connection Specific Suffix: We have 3 DCs, all running the DNS role. These servers hold the records for the domain itself but also "external" records using split-horizon DNS. IP Addresses for the servers are all static whereas the clients all have DHCP-assigned addresses.Currently, we are testing a new...
  5. Windows DNS Client Not Querying Specified DNS Server Without Connection Specific Suffix

Windows DNS Client Not Querying Specified DNS Server Without Connection Specific Suffix: We have 3 DCs, all running the DNS role. These servers hold the records for the domain itself but also "external" records using split-horizon DNS. IP Addresses for the servers are all static whereas the clients all have DHCP-assigned addresses.Currently, we are testing a new...
  6. Windows DNS Client Not Querying Specified DNS Server Without Connection Specific Suffix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig: A short time ago, one of those 'Fake' Your-computer-has-a-Virus type pop-ups happened, and I pressed <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>, ended the Microsoft Edge task and Restarted the laptop.Fast-forward a week or so, during which time everything "appears" to be working correctly on the...
  8. Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig

Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig: A short time ago, one of those 'Fake' Your-computer-has-a-Virus type pop-ups happened, and I pressed <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del>, ended the Microsoft Edge task and Restarted the laptop.Fast-forward a week or so, during which time everything "appears" to be working correctly on the...
  9. Strange "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" showing ipconfig

10. How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration"

How to enable "use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration": Dear, My company have lot of PC in many location, we want apply 1 setting in Windows, By default it is not enabled / not tick [img] In the Group Policy window please navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> DNS Client and open...