Windows 10: Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in

Discus and support Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do i Enable the auto popup dialog when i plugg in my headset? ***Original Title: audio pop up***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshuaJohnson_1738, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in

How do i Enable the auto popup dialog when i plugg in my headset?

***Original Title: audio pop up***

:)

JoshuaJohnson_1738, Jun 18, 2019

2. How to Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

Please let us know which audio driver are you using

If you are using Realtek HD Audio, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

Enable auto-popup

a. Press Windows key + X, choose Control Panel, select
    sound.

b. Scroll down and select Realtek HD Audio Manager.

c. Click folder icon just above and to the right of where it says analog back panel and just below Device Advanced settings.

d. Click Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in.

e. Click OK twice.

f. Now, restart computer and check the issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 18, 2019
  3. how do I enable popup dialog for microphone and headset?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

select Hardware and sound.

b. Scroll down and select Realtek HD Audio Manager.

c. Click folder icon just above and to the right of where it says analog back panel and just below Device Advanced settings.

d. Click Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in.

e. Click OK twice.

f. Now, restart computer and check the issue.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in

how do I enable popup dialog for microphone and headset?

i have windows 10, dell inspiron 15 3000 series.

i had to update the driver due to it producing a crackling sound, and now I have no popup dialog to allow me to pick what audio device i am plugging into my laptop.

i want to enable the popup dialog so i can choose what I am plugging into my laptop.

it was working fine before and allowed me to select the audio device to record my guitar but now it is gone.. and i need it so I can record music.

CHILLY L 1977, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in

1. Enable auto popup dialog whenever a device is plugged in - Similar Threads - Enable auto popup

2. not getting "what device did you plug in" popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    not getting "what device did you plug in" popup: so, recently i sold my laptop, the person i sold it to updated it to windows 11, after he then asked to send it back and for a refund because it doesn't have a harddrive i stuck with windows 11 for a while because i didn't know how to go to windows 10, i then went to...
  3. not getting "what device did you plug in" popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting "what device did you plug in" popup: so, recently i sold my laptop, the person i sold it to updated it to windows 11, after he then asked to send it back and for a refund because it doesn't have a harddrive i stuck with windows 11 for a while because i didn't know how to go to windows 10, i then went to...
  4. not getting "what device did you plug in" popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you enable popup of which device was plugged in when I connect my headphones to...

How do you enable popup of which device was plugged in when I connect my headphones to...: My laptop is acer Nitro 5, and I was getting a realtek audio popup till this afternoon, asking which device I plugged in, whenever I connected my headphones. But now it is not asking me that, and I would like to have that popup everytime. I tried referring to older solutions...
  6. how do I enable popup dialog when I plug a jack for microphone and headset? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable popup dialog when I plug a jack for microphone and headset? Windows 11: In Windows 10 when I plug a jack the sistem ask me if it is - headphon - headphone with microphone I update with windows 11 but when I plug a jack nothing appears….where can I enable pop up dialog??Where can I set:- to use headphone whit the microphone of the laptop…?- to use...
  7. how do I enable popup dialog when I plug a jack for microphone and headset? Windows 11

how do I enable popup dialog when I plug a jack for microphone and headset? Windows 11: In Windows 10 when I plug a jack the sistem ask me if it is - headphon - headphone with microphone I update with windows 11 but when I plug a jack nothing appears….where can I enable pop up dialog??Where can I set:- to use headphone whit the microphone of the laptop…?- to use...
  8. System Info Dialog Popup

System Info Dialog Popup: Does anyone know of any software (preferably tasktray that would show the information on hovering - not necessity though) that will display the following: Computer Name: Hard Drive Size: (in GB) Manufacturer: Model: Computer Memory: (in MB or GB) MAC: IP: Processor: (i5, etc)...
  9. 'what device did you just plug in' popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    'what device did you just plug in' popup: Hello, In the past I had used headphones (no microphone) with my windows 10 laptop. Back then a popup would come up saying 'what device have you plugged in' every time I plugged them into the jack. However I clicked the 'do not display' icon so now when I want to use my...
  10. Plugged in popup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in popup: Please I need help in how to get the popup window when i plug in headphpones to select whether its a headset, headphones or microphone only. I now plugged in my headphones but microphone is not working because i selected for the window to not appear again and i had headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in

2. enable auto popup dialog windows 10

3. enable pop up dialog when plugging in device

4. enable auto popup when audio device is,
  5. enable auto popup,
  6. Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in windows 10,
  7. enable auto popup when device,
  8. ask device plug in,
  9. auto popup when device has been plugged in,
  10. audio popup dialog,
  11. which device in plugged in gone,