Windows 10: Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

Discus and support Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This batch script enables automatic backs up of system registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack folder on Windows 10. Restart your computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FreeBooter, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

This batch script enables automatic backs up of system registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack folder on Windows 10. Restart your computer to make changes take affect.

Code: :: Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack Folder on Windows 10 @Echo Off Cls & Color 0E Cd %systemroot%\system32 net sess>nul 2>&1||(start mshta vbscript:code(close(Execute("CreateObject(""Shell.Application"").ShellExecute""%~0"",,,""RunAs"",1"^)^)^)&exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=85 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry to RegBack Folder (Y/N)? Echo. Echo. Echo. Set /p input= RESPONSE: If /i Not %input%==Y (Goto :_Ex) Else (Goto :_Start) :_Ex If /i Not %input%==N (Goto :EOF) Else (Goto :_RegRestore) :_Start Reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager" /v "EnablePeriodicBackup" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >Nul Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=60 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Enabling Automatic System Registry Backup Echo. Echo. Echo. Ping -n 6 localhost >Nul Exit :_RegRestore Reg.exe delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager" /v "EnablePeriodicBackup" /f >Nul Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=60 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Disabling Automatic System Registry Backup Echo. Echo. Echo. Ping -n 6 localhost >Nul Exit[/quote]

:)

FreeBooter, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Jul 4, 2019
  3. enable system restore registry key

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore\RPSessionInterval

value = 0 system restore is disabled, if 1 then it's enabled.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

AngelCarreno, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

Hi Ray,

To automatically enable Num Lock option, we suggest that you follow these steps below:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type regedit and hit Enter.
    • Navigate to HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\CONTROL PANEL\KEYBOARD.
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from
      to 2.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

1. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry - Similar Threads - Enable Automatic Backs

2. system back-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system back-up: how can I create a system back-up on a thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-back-up/de14e33e-9227-4f7e-90c7-a16156eb2ad1
  3. System back up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System back up: When I do a backup up on my computer does it back up the programs as well as files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-back-up/e40763d3-5467-4b8f-b4e6-51d81a45f873
  4. back up system

back up system: I need to back up files so that I can send my laptop to HP for issues. They asked that I backup my files. Now that I am ready to do this, I am questioning: do I just back up all files? How do I know I have them ALL? Do I need to back up Office since I purchased this...
  5. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry: This batch script enables automatic backs up of system registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack folder on Windows 10. Restart your computer to make changes take affect. Code: :: Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack Folder...
  6. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  7. enable system restore registry key

enable system restore registry key: Do someone know if it is posible to enable system restore with registry key in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-system-restore-registry-key/9e34679f-12cd-4433-8750-3bdce6f7f360
  8. Automatic repair loop - system registry file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair loop - system registry file: Last night my computer randomly crashed and the screen literally had green glitches all over it. I switched my pc off and when I switched it back on it wouldn't post and load back up. After a few attempts it went to automatic repair but said it couldn't be fixed. I restarted...
  9. Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10: How to: Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 How to Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when Computer Restarts in Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 backs up the registry to the RegBack folder when the computer...
  10. Backing up the registry

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up the registry: Is it possible to have the registry backed up on every bootup? If so how do I set it up? Thanks 76122