Windows 10: Enable Automatic Monitor Detection

Discus and support Enable Automatic Monitor Detection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I followed instructions for disabling Automatic Monitor Detection in windows 10 by creating registry entry with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillH524, May 14, 2020.

1. WillH524 Win User

Enable Automatic Monitor Detection

Hi all,

I followed instructions for disabling Automatic Monitor Detection in windows 10 by creating registry entry with the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM

Creating a Dword "UseIViewHelper" with the value 0.

That worked well, but since then I purchased a new monitor and now windows won't detect it.

Editing the value to 1 does not work.

Now when I click on "Detect" in windows display settings, it comes back with red writing that says,

Didn't detect another display.

I would love some advice on how to have windows Automatic Monitor Detection enabled again, thank you.

:)

WillH524, May 14, 2020

2. Monitor Not Being Detected

*Frown Enable Automatic Monitor Detection :( Unless I am blind, I don't see your card in the user guide download list. I was going to ask what your manual said for connecting 3 monitors.

Many motherboards automatically disable on-board graphics when an add-in card is detected. This is usually desired to improve system performance by freeing up system resources used by the integrated graphics as most users don't need both the card and integrated enable. Boot into the BIOS Setup Menu and ensure the integrated graphics is still enabled.

Bill_Bright, May 14, 2020
  3. External Monitor not being detected automatically

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer does not automatically detect the second monitor.

I would suggest you to reinstall all the drivers for the Windows 10 Computer by visiting the manufacturer's website. If there are no drivers for windows 10, please download the latest drivers and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

After you have downloaded the driver:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

c. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the appropriate operating system
    from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality

Also once the drivers are reinstalled, reconnect the cables from the Windows 10 Computer to the KVM Switch and check if it helps.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 14, 2020
  4. stevie Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Enable Automatic Monitor Detection - Similar Threads - Enable Automatic Monitor

2. Monitors not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not detected: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when I try to get my laptop to detect. All drivers are up to date. The monitors have displayport cables and the laptop HDMI, so I...
  3. Monitors not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors not detected: I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when I try to get my laptop to detect. All drivers are up to date. The monitors have displayport cables and the laptop HDMI, so I...
  4. Monitor Detection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Detection: Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-detection/4a103eb2-66f2-4f2b-9649-78fba320d684
  5. Monitor not Detected

Monitor not Detected: My monitor is not being detected by my laptop ThinkPad Carbon X1 Seems this happened after the MAJOR Windows update a few days ago/ I have tried everything including uninstalling the driver, restoring to before update which is impossible now. Please Help!...
  6. Monitor detection?

Monitor detection?: Hello, After the last big update about 3 weeks ago, when I start my system it fails to detect my second monitor. I have checked and secured all the cable connections. It does not matter if the monitor is on or off when I start the system, it is not detected. When I...
  7. automatically detect settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatically detect settings.: Hello. i can't use any VPN program's because there is something forcing the automatically detect settings to be OFF. troubleshoot gave me this message : windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. so basically i have to make this option automatically...
  8. monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor not detected: In Windows 7, I was using extended display: primary=notebook screen secondary=external monitor Ater installing Windows 10, the primary screen is not detected by the system; only the external monitor works. In "System > Display" it says "didn't detect another...
  9. Monitor not detected

Monitor not detected: I just updated a Gateway netbook from windows 7 to 10. I can use my Samsung TV that is connected with HDMI. However, I can't increase the resolution because my pc does not detect it and acts like the laptop screen is the only display. I used to get full resolution with...
  10. Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10

Cannot enable/detect 3rd monitor in Windows 10: I need help from the community. I've got a three monitor setup that is no longer working as expected. Monitor #3 is no longer showing up in "Customize your display" My setup is as follows Nvidia GTX 570 : Monitor #1, Monitor #2 Onboard Intel 4600: Monitor #3 OS:...