Windows 10: Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port

Discus and support Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not enable bidirectional support, without this warnings about low ink etc do not appear on laptop. I tried clicking on Change properties with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mary_656, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Mary_656 Win User

Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port

I can not enable bidirectional support, without this warnings about low ink etc do not appear on laptop. I tried clicking on Change properties with the shield and this didn't help, Removed the printer and reinstalled this hasn't helped and the change properties with the shield button isn't showing now. The printer is connected through a WSD port.

Can anyone help please?

Mary

:)

Mary_656, Mar 5, 2020
  2. TopGeek Win User

Printer port confusion

Since upgrading to Win 10 from release date, my wifi printer (Epson XP-215) worked fine until a few weeks ago, when the printer showed 'offline' and the connection could not be restored. Thinking it was a printer problem, I called Epson support and they talked me through a lengthy procedure of removing and re-installing the printer. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and then the same thing happened again. This time I found my own way to remove and re-install the device. However, after a week or two, it again became unavailable. This time, I found that Win 10 was looking for the printer on port 192.168.1.7 whereas the printer was on 192.168.1.8. I just changed the default port in printer properties and normal service was restored.
    Today, it happened again but changing the port this timed failed to restore the connection. So, I removed and reinstalled the printer. Now I find that the printer works OK but the icon has changed and the port connected is listed as WSD.
    Can anyone tell me what is happening here and why is Windows 10 repeatedly losing the connection?

TopGeek, Mar 5, 2020
  3. NM2000 Win User
    Win 10 keeps changing my printer static IP port to WSD, already turned off windows printer management

Have seen this problem on a few machines. WSD takes over as the default port from a port based on a static IP. When someone prints there are no errors except the printer prints nothing. Best advice I have seen for manually added printers is:

Control Panel -> Device and Printers -> Add A Printer -> The Printer I want isn't listed -> Add a printer using a TCP/IP address... -> change "Device Type:" from default "AutoDetect" to "TCP/IP Device".

That key last step may prevent the dreaded WSD port being added as an available port. Enter the IP and continue the installation. I tried adding an existing printer twice, one with AutoDetect and one with TCP/IP Device. The AutoDetect install showed up
    as WDS, and the TCP/IP install showed up with static IP in the port and no available WDS ports listed.

Hopefully that method works for most cases.

NM2000, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port

Multifunction Printer does not operate as scanner under Windows 10 Pro

Both the printers on the Toshiba are defined as WSD ports.

When I attempt to define the printers on the HP as WSD ports I get two different results, depending on the printer:

• For the WF-4640 printer, the printer is initially on line, then becomes off line. The Epson Scan Settings Test Option works OK even when the WF-4640 is not defined in the control panel (Devices and Printers)
    • For the XP-600, the printer remains on line and appears in the Scanners and Cameras view, but cannot be accessed by either "Windows Fax and Scan" or "Epson Scan" (The "Epson Scan Settings" Test option works OK). The XP-600 defined as a WSD port does not
      operate successfully as a printer.

ElizabethHXG, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port

1. Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port - Similar Threads - Enable bidirectioinal support

2. wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190: Good day!Why I cant connect my printer into pc and wifi is out of order for Epson L5190 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-out-of-order-for-epson-printer-l5190/8ecc592c-65db-442b-b99f-b02d68aba335
  3. wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is out of order for epson printer L5190: Good day!Why I cant connect my printer into pc and wifi is out of order for Epson L5190 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-out-of-order-for-epson-printer-l5190/8ecc592c-65db-442b-b99f-b02d68aba335
  4. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink: Hello,I have an HP Envy 5530 printer scanner. I am unbale to print because the printer indicates low/no ink, however both ink cartridges are full. I am able to resolve the issue if I change the printer port from WSD port to TCP/IP port. However, even if I select "apply" to...
  5. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink: Hello,I have an HP Envy 5530 printer scanner. I am unbale to print because the printer indicates low/no ink, however both ink cartridges are full. I am able to resolve the issue if I change the printer port from WSD port to TCP/IP port. However, even if I select "apply" to...
  6. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Delivery Optimization Enabled and Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Enabled and Greyed Out: The Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 newest build is NEW and yet on our work PCs that is somehow enabled and greyed out. We did not add or edit or update any GPOs to do this. How did this get enabled and from what I've read, it should be disabled, yet we cannot disable...
  8. windows 10 printers greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 printers greyed out: Hi, my printers on my laptop are greyed out. I've applied the usual printer spooler fixes suggested and none of them have worked. Any suggestions to this problem? - it seems to be pretty common. Thanks!...
  9. wsd port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wsd port: Auch nach mehrmaliger Installation wird mein HP-Drucker immer an WSD-Port angeschlossen, kein Druck. Kann mir da wer helfen? mfg Günther https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsd-port/53983e51-ba8e-45b6-802d-2b8fb623ca55
  10. Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support: Hello Microsoft. I am running WIN10 Pro, Version 1803. Recently I had to reinstall my two HP parallel port printers. Both printers are using TP-Link Network adapters. Unfortunately I decided to change the ip addresses for both printers due to a changed router....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsd scan greyed out