Windows 10: Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

Discus and support Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Command to enable BitLocker on the C drive, store the recovery key to Active directory and generate a random recovery password. Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael_Drummer, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

Command to enable BitLocker on the C drive, store the recovery key to Active directory and generate a random recovery password. Is it possible to enable Bitlocker from a GPO to all Computers joined to a Domain, if not is there a utility that would help to automate the process?

[Original Title: Bitlocker]

:)

Michael_Drummer, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 10, 2019
  3. rda62 Win User
    How to enable Bitlocker for Fixed Drives?

Hi All,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Bitlocker (without TPM) is enabled and working for Removable drives, as well as the OS Drive.

I have an additional 2TB internal SATA drive that Bitlocker does not see. I do not get the option to enable Bitlocker, in the right click context menu for the drive.

If I go to Manage Bitlocker, the drive is not listed as a fixed data drive. It's not listed at all.

There is nothing wrong with the drive itself. In its current unencrypted state, I have data stored on it, and can access, read and write to all of the drives contents.

I've checked through the bitlocker group policy options, and I've googled this to death. Any help, short of a format/reload would be greatly appreciated.

rda62, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

1. Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy - Similar Threads - Enable Bitlocker through

2. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  3. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  4. Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy: It is also does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/enabling-windows-defender-from-group-policy/166a1f5c-7456-400b-9a87-e69cda9acd33
  5. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  6. Restricting apps through Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restricting apps through Group Policy: Hi, it appears that I have essentially brickedmy PC.I was trying to restrict one local user'sapplication privileges to only run a few specific applications. was running through this...
  7. Bitlocker/TPM/Group Policy Settings

Bitlocker/TPM/Group Policy Settings: I am looking at how to configure the combination of the three technologies mentioned above to achieve the following goals. Encrypt OS Drive with bit locker using PIN's as well as a Recovery Key as a backup this has been done. When the Pin is typed in incorrectly to many...
  8. Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edapstah_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx1wq0/missing_group_policies_for_sandbox_to_enable_vgpu/
  9. Disabling Windows Defender through Group Policy enables Firewall blocking of incoming...

Disabling Windows Defender through Group Policy enables Firewall blocking of incoming...: Morning, I'm having an issue with Windows Firewall disabling incoming domain connections after turning off Windows Defender (Windows 10). Our organization uses third party software for network security (webroot & Malwarebytes Endpoint) so we don't need Windows Defender or...
  10. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Group Policy in Windows 10: Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ? 62122