Windows 10: Enable block at first sight

Discus and support Enable block at first sight in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got this popup [img] I was in Firefox preferences at the time. When I clicked on the popup, it took me here Enable Block at First Sight to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Enable block at first sight

I just got this popup

Enable block at first sight [​IMG]

I was in Firefox preferences at the time.

When I clicked on the popup, it took me here

Enable Block at First Sight to detect malware in seconds | Microsoft Docs

I don't know what setting change caused this. I was coincidentally downloading Firefox installers at around the same time, but the name of the "item" is not mentioned.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 28, 2019

2. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight.
    Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app?
    If so, please explain the steps.

I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't see Block at First Sight setting.

Thanks!

win10freak, Feb 28, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Enable block at first sight

Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10

Until I saw your gray out screenshot, I hadn't realized mine was, nice thing about Defender--set & forgetEnable block at first sight :):

Enable block at first sight [​IMG]

Of course I had used the GPEdit version when I found out about it, as it makes it harder for anyone(and any, hopefully, malware) to change.

Cliff S, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Enable block at first sight

1. Enable block at first sight - Similar Threads - Enable block sight

2. eye sight problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    eye sight problems: hi, i am wondering if you can tell me how to make the text bigger in windows 10, and also the web browser.I have eye sight problems along with double vision, the smaller text blurs into each other, so i need to enlarge the text big enough so i can see the spacing between each...
  3. Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block at First Sight: Windows Defender blocking malware in SECONDS!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TeamsMe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gptphp/block_at_first_sight_windows_defender_blocking/
  4. Blocking a sight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking a sight: I am coiming across various advertisement on snapdeal.com Kindly help blocking it in my browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-a-sight/6e8f5a51-f6e9-4f6e-b1b6-1a3db2d5af0c
  5. Restart without end in sight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart without end in sight: I got windows Insider Preview build 18362 installed on my computer but anytime I try to restart my computer it is unable to do so. It reboots without an end in sight until I shut it down....
  6. Restart without end in sight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart without end in sight: I got windows Insider Preview build 18362 installed on my computer but anytime I try to restart or reboot my computer it is unable to do so. It reboots without an end in sight until I shut it down....
  7. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?: Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight. Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app? If so, please explain the steps. I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't...
  8. Network Block with UAC enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Block with UAC enabled: Hi, sorry for my poor english. I just realised that the Registry set "EnableUAC=1" Windows 10 is Blocking my Home Network App. With File Explorer I can acess all the Network, but from my Networking Application , it is just and simpled Blocked! With the setting =0 all is...
  9. Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10: How to: Enable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Block at First Sight in Windows 10 Windows Defender Antivirus helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other...
  10. Redstone RS1 - The first builds were sighted......!

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone RS1 - The first builds were sighted......!: RS1 - The first builds were sighted......! *Wink 10.0.11073.1000.rs1_release.151120-2022 Source: https://buildfeed.net/build/2b60a5d7...medium=twitter [img] 10.0.11082.1000.rs1_release.151210-2021 [img] (Mobile Build) Source:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. block at first sight

2. block at first site