Windows 10: Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows 10 v1809 introduces a lot of new features and improvements which have been covered in detail at TheWindowsClub. One of the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 4, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2018
  3. File Explorer in dark mode

i want to enable the file explorer in dark mode can anyone help me ?

DivyanshPradhan, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Pauli O Win User

File Explorer Dark Mode

Dark mode for File Explorer is coming next version v1809 which will be released very soon.

Quote from Insider Blog announcement for build 17733:

What’s new in Build 17733 Dark Theme in File Explorer

With
    Build 17666
    we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today’s build marks the turning point where we’ve finished what we set out to do for this release.

Read more:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/community-news/dark-theme-in-file-explorer/

Pauli O, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Dark Mode

2. How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10: Tips for Change Color and Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10 https://youtu.be/zbgg3IXa0dw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10/a63be8cc-1a18-4d62-88d5-b9a43397b47f
  3. File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode

File Explorer doesn't turn dark in dark mode: I reset my laptop to its factory reset. I change the theme to dark mode but when i open file explorer it's still light. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-doesnt-turn-dark-in-dark-mode/0e64262d-aa07-42e7-8fd5-3d164f828afe
  4. Dark mode in File Explorer

Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?: Hi, is it possible to change only File Explorer in Windows 10 to dark mode? It is possible to change the "default app mode" however this changes a number of apps throughout installed on the machine...
  6. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  7. Windows 10 file explorer dark mode not working

Windows 10 file explorer dark mode not working: I have been using genuine windows 10 pro build 1809 version 17134.376. I have changed the colors to dark mode, but still my file explorer is not showing the dark mode. I am on the latest update October 24, 2018....
  8. Dark Mode not working for Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Mode not working for Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] It seems the recent Windows 10 Feature update 1809 doesn’t work well with the Windows Explorer for some. Many users are complaining that either the text in the explorer is not white while others are reported that Windows Explorer is [...] This post Dark Mode not...
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...