Windows 10: Enable Defender Email Scanning?

Discus and support Enable Defender Email Scanning? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just discovered in a recent post that you can use the Powershell command Get-MpPreference to get the status of Defender settings. I have the default... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Enable Defender Email Scanning?

I just discovered in a recent post that you can use the Powershell command Get-MpPreference to get the status of Defender settings. I have the default settings as far as I know but spotted that the option DisableEmailScanning was set to True.

I discovered a setting in Group Policy Editor to enable email scanning (see below). I'm wondering why the email scanning option was disabled by default and whether there are any other Defender settings which should be enabled using Group Policy for extra security?

Enable Defender Email Scanning? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jun 2, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Cannot schedule scans for Windows Defender

Hi Nathaniel,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you can’t schedule scans for Windows defender and getting error message pop ups: “The combination of properties that task is using is not compatible with the scheduling
    engine” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred if there are corruptions in Windows defender services.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

You can enable the Windows Defender either from control panel or from services.

Step 1:
    Enable Windows Defender from control panel

• Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
    • On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
    • Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
    If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2:
    Enable Windows Defender from services.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.
    • Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service and set to automatic.
    Note: If the services are already started, then click on the option that says: “Restart the service” and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows defender is not going to enable manually....

Hi,

Windows Defender Antivirus works help protect your device by scanning for malicious or unwanted software and uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your device. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the exact error message you received?
    • Are you able to use Windows Defender before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to turn on/off Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Defender Email Scanning? - Similar Threads - Enable Defender Email

2. Enable Windows Defender archive scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Windows Defender archive scanning: When a user runs in PowerShell with Admin the following:Set-MPPreference -DisableArchiveScanning 0How does one verify it worked?? As user does not receive any sort of message..Can you look at log files after a scan is complete to see? For eg, if you see *zip files listed, you...
  3. Enable Windows Defender archive scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Windows Defender archive scanning: When a user runs in PowerShell with Admin the following:Set-MPPreference -DisableArchiveScanning 0How does one verify it worked?? As user does not receive any sort of message..Can you look at log files after a scan is complete to see? For eg, if you see *zip files listed, you...
  4. Enabling Windows/Microsoft Defender built into 10 and 11 email scanning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling Windows/Microsoft Defender built into 10 and 11 email scanning: I have always wondered why there does not seem to be an email scanning option in Defender for those using an email client like Outlook so I dug a bit deeper. Turns out there is an option to enable it in Group Policy. Seems odd to me that a feature like this buried in GP...
  5. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  6. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  7. Defender not scanning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender not scanning.: Hi, I have Win 10 but for some reason today it will not let me do full or quick scan.ThxTony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-not-scanning/c33b8892-b707-48d2-9f0f-d26147e64e42
  8. Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself: I disable it in task scheduler but it keeps enabling itself. How do I permanently disable periodic scans? What's the point of having periodic scans anyway if the protection is active 24/7 and scanning everything as it comes into the pc? submitted by /u/distopija [link]...
  9. Windows Defender: does it scan email attachments

Windows Defender: does it scan email attachments: Hi, I'm a newbie to tenforums, but old with Windows since the 90's. Hope you can give me a definitive answer to this question. I cannot find any evidence that WD has any interaction with email. In particular, you can no longer right-click on an email attachment to select...
  10. defender scan

defender scan: I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and regardless of what I try it comes back and says there is least 5 or more reasons why it can do it.sometimes it acts like its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender email scanning