Windows 10: Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909

Discus and support Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, During some maintainance i found new parameter (at least for me) for "format" command: /DAX[:state] NTFS Only: Enable direct access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerryBinocular, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909

Hi everyone,
    During some maintainance i found new parameter (at least for me) for "format" command:

/DAX[:state] NTFS Only: Enable direct access storage (DAX) mode for this volume. In DAX mode, the volume is accessed via the memory bus, boosting IO performance. A volume can be formatted with DAX mode only if the hardware is DAX capable. State can specify "enable" or "disable". /DAX is considered as /DAX:enable.

I was trying to google some details on this DAX mode, but did not found much.

I found pdf which provide very shallow description of this functionality.

My question to community:
    Anyone tried this DAX? How was experience?

btw to check if your existing volume formated in this mode:
    fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo e:
    from elevated command prompt.

submitted by /u/JerryBinocular
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerryBinocular, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 1, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909

1. Enable direct access storage (DAX) on Windows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Enable direct access

2. Direct Storage 1.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Storage 1.2: Hello, Is there any method other than the xbox game bar Windows+G to find out if my pc supports Direct Storage 1.2? I can't access the Xbox game bar on Shadow PC in cloud. Thank you for your help...
  3. Direct Storage 1.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct Storage 1.2: Hello, Is there any method other than the xbox game bar Windows+G to find out if my pc supports Direct Storage 1.2? I can't access the Xbox game bar on Shadow PC in cloud. Thank you for your help...
  4. Direct storage on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct storage on windows 11: Does direct storage come on windows 11 home or do i need to buy windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-storage-on-windows-11/d886c7b0-0efa-44e9-86d2-f53b37221438
  5. Direct storage on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct storage on windows 11: Does direct storage come on windows 11 home or do i need to buy windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-storage-on-windows-11/d886c7b0-0efa-44e9-86d2-f53b37221438
  6. Direct access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Direct access: Hvordan får jeg direct access til å virke på win10 pro, har problemer å få kontakt med Chromecast og når jeg feilsøker får jeg til svar at Direct accsess ikke er aktivert https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-access/430fe9da-8afa-46fe-a0e2-2334b1ec90a3
  7. How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you often allow others to access your computer as the remote computer and you want to allow direct access to removable storage in remote […] This article How to allow direct access to Removable Storage in Remote Sessions on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. DAX API

DAX API: Hello, As of very recently I have discovered that in my task manager there is a process called "DAX API" and if you expand it, it says "Dolby Dax API Service". This process takes up about 90% of memory, ~13000 Mb. Is this some sort of virus or a problem that can be solved?...
  9. direct access

in Windows 10 Customization
    direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2015 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c
  10. direct access

direct access: Does direct access work on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB? I know it does for enterprise 2016 but cant find anything on 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/direct-access/cb6d2868-1275-4499-90f6-83144f843b3c