Windows 10: Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

Discus and support Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to use the CMD prompt command Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall SET RULE name="name" NEW... I'm trying to configure the application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thelps, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Thelps Win User

Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the CMD prompt command

Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall SET RULE name="name" NEW...

I'm trying to configure the application packages found in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps".

However, for some reason, the usual CMD syntax to SET an existing firewall rule simply returns the error:

No rules match the specified criteria

This used to work in older versions of Windows 10. However, it doesn't work in Version 1909.

Can someone explain how to use CMD Prompt to configure the pre-existing Firewall Rules that apply to Windows Apps?

:)

Thelps, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Windows firewall is like a fart when you have squirty dumplings, you shouldn't really trust it.

Disable the private network firewall, if the application works fine do this.

Open a CMD prompt window with admin rights. type in "netstat" without the quotes and press enter. You should get a list of what IP and port is connecting to what port and or service. Open those ports for the application, or just allow those ports to be unfiltered.

Steevo, Mar 24, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Will try this asap. Thanks!

slim142, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I
    missing something???

Eric Serna, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

1. Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD? - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Firewall

2. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  3. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  4. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?: Hi all, I'm trying to use the CMD prompt command Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall SET RULE name="name" NEW... I'm trying to configure the Firewall Rules associated with the application packages found in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". However, for some reason, the usual CMD...
  7. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809

How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809: What I want to do is very simple. I have a few firewall rules that I set up that are no longer needed and I want to remove/disable them so the app is no longer allowed through. I found a remove button but it is greyed out. All the advice and instructions on the internet are...
  9. Need help trying to add a firewall rule for an application...

Need help trying to add a firewall rule for an application...: I have been trying to get this to work for almost a week now and I'm not having any luck. And as I've mentioned before, I'm not that great at vbscript. When I step through the vb.net part of the code, it looks like it should work, but it's not. I could REALLY use some help...
  10. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"