Windows 10: Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates

Discus and support Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,Reading the tutorial on you site "Enable / Disable Auto Updates for Windows....", I decided to use (as on option 7), the "WAU Manager".Till now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Motim, May 4, 2021.

1. Motim Win User

Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates

Hello,Reading the tutorial on you site "Enable / Disable Auto Updates for Windows....", I decided to use (as on option 7), the "WAU Manager".Till now I disabled the updates in the "Task Manager" by disabling the win update service. (But cannot postpone the updates any longer).When I start using that "WAU Manager", do I have to enable the service in the Task Manager or leave it disabled.Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWindows 10 pro x64, winver 19041.264

:)

Motim, May 4, 2021
  2. Motim Win User

Hello,Reading the tutorial on you site "Enable / Disable Auto Updates for Windows....", I decided to use (as on option 7), the
    "WAU Manager".Till now I disabled the updates in the "Task Manager" by disabling the win update service. (But cannot postpone the updates any longer).When I start using that "WAU Manager", do I have to enable the service in the Task Manager or leave it disabled.Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWindows 10 pro x64, winver 19041.264

Motim, May 5, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 5, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

My experience was that disabling Windows Update service works for a while until suddenly that service is magically enabled again and starts updating everything.

W1zzard, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Auto

2. How to enable or disable Zoom auto update using Group Policy and Registry

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Zoom auto update using Group Policy and Registry: [ATTACH]If you want to allow or block Zoom from installing updates automatically, this step-by-step guide will help you. Here is how you can enable or disable Zoom auto update using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. By default, the Zoom desktop client...
  3. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  4. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  5. disable auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....
  6. How to enable or disable Auto-Mounting of Drives, Disks, Volumes in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Auto-Mounting of Drives, Disks, Volumes in Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Whenever a new drive or any storage device is attached to a Windows 10 computer, the Operating System tends to automatically allot at drive letter to it. This is not limited to assigning just a letter, but the OS also [...] This post How to enable or disable...
  7. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  8. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  9. Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...: I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem. Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's the problem: every so often a routine Windows update totally disables Bluetooth, or rather, prevents it from being discovered....
  10. Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with the Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703. While you can still arrange items...