Windows 10: Enable EFS

Discus and support Enable EFS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button? OS - windows 10 home single language... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pabi_93, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Pabi_93 Win User

Enable EFS

How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button?

OS - windows 10 home single language

:)

Pabi_93, Nov 6, 2018

2. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 6, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    EFS

Ok that's good then.

So when you get a moment do what i suggested by deleting the existing EFS cert and let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Enable EFS

EFS

When I try to use EFS to encrypt file(s), once I have changed the file's encrypt attribute and pressed Apply, the system tells me I am trying to encrypt files using a smart card with the only option available to Cancel. I haven't got a smart card reader
    much less a smartcard & never have had.

I am correct in thinking that EFS can be used without a smart card, am I not?

If so can anyone suggest how I can get it to behave itself?

Rick

RickVivian, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Enable EFS

1. Enable EFS - Similar Threads - Enable EFS

2. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  3. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  4. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  5. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  6. How do i enable my audio to come through seperate microphone to my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i enable my audio to come through seperate microphone to my headset: Im having an issue where im using my sony xm4 as my audio output and a shure m7 microphone as my audio input however, when im playing certain games the audio would sound half as good in quality, i unchecked hands free mode in my device manager but now when im playing games my...
  7. How do i enable my audio to come through seperate microphone to my headset

How do i enable my audio to come through seperate microphone to my headset: Im having an issue where im using my sony xm4 as my audio output and a shure m7 microphone as my audio input however, when im playing certain games the audio would sound half as good in quality, i unchecked hands free mode in my device manager but now when im playing games my...
  8. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  9. EFS Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key on BitLocker enabled computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key on BitLocker enabled computer: One of our staff get EFS popup prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key as per screenshot below.We are not using EFS on this computer instead we are using BitLocker to encrypt all volumes on this computer.Double checked and run "CIPHER.EXE /U /N" and result...
  10. EFS suddenly enabled for device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS suddenly enabled for device: Hi, Suddenly, one of our windows 10 clients has an issue where it seems that EFS denies access to several files on his laptop and personal network drive. When looking at the files in Explorer, there is also a column with File Ownership which shows the name of our domain for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable efs windows 10 home

2. windows 10 efs enable without smart card