Windows 10: Enable firmware protection

Discus and support Enable firmware protection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nguyễn Hoàng Long 21-0561, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Enable firmware protection

I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it.

:)

Nguyễn Hoàng Long 21-0561, Jun 24, 2022
  2. par_0511 Win User

how to enable kernel dma protection

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are looking to enable the Kernel DMA protection.

Windows 10 home does not exactly support the Hyper-V role/feature in which it can deter with this feature that you are looking to use but if you still want to check your system then you can check the steps below and hopefully this helps out with your query.

- Open the Run window and type msinfo32 and press Enter

- This should open the System Info window, check and find the Kernel DMA Protection option in the list and check if it’s on or off

- If it is on it means that your System is protected from drive by DMA attacks

- If it is off and Virtualization Enabled in Firmware has yes then it means your System does not support the protection feature

- In the event that the feature is off and the Virtualization Enabled in Firmware has no then your System supports the protection feature

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Jun 24, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Enable firmware protection

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Microsoft does not upgrade BIOS firmware you have to install the BIOS firmware from your computer manufacturer website.

Use the following steps to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Check the Hyper-V option making sure: Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform are also selected.
    • Click OK to begin the process.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Enable firmware protection

1. Enable firmware protection - Similar Threads - Enable firmware protection

2. Cannot Enable Firmware Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enable Firmware Protection: I am using Windows 11 with my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8 computer. It has the following CPU.13th Gen IntelR Core TM i7-1370P 1.90 GHzAt some point, I started to get a warning about not having Firmware Protection enabled.I followed the Windows Security warning and enabled...
  3. Cannot Enable Firmware Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Enable Firmware Protection: I am using Windows 11 with my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8 computer. It has the following CPU.13th Gen IntelR Core TM i7-1370P 1.90 GHzAt some point, I started to get a warning about not having Firmware Protection enabled.I followed the Windows Security warning and enabled...
  4. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  5. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  6. system guard and firmware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system guard and firmware protection: Is system guard is one of the features of firmware protection, does enabling firmware protection enables system guard and disabling firmware protection will disable system guard, or firmware protection ON/OFF has no effect on system guard...
  7. Enable firmware protection

Enable firmware protection: I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-firmware-protection/a587bf69-fefa-42a3-b6df-28c0e8a53bf8
  8. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protectionEdit : One more issue After I turned on Credential Guard and Code Integrity , I am unable to turn off , even from policy viewer , registry editor and Microsoft defender too...
  9. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26
  10. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26