Windows 10: enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ??

Discus and support enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I red that it is possible - here - windowsreport.com/enable-gpedit-msc/ However when I tried - Execute the following command:dism /online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melaniosulivan, Jan 25, 2021.

1. enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ??

I red that it is possible - here - windowsreport.com/enable-gpedit-msc/

However when I tried - Execute the following command:dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%servicingPackages{{PackageFileName}}I got the following error -

An error occurred trying to open - C:\windowsservicingPackages{{PackageFileName}} Error: 0x80070002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

could this have happened because I already cut & Pasted gpedit.msc from my windows 10 Pro pc -to this Home edition One ???? or is there a missprint in that command ???

:)

melaniosulivan, Jan 25, 2021

2. how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Jan 25, 2021
  3. BrianTJUK Win User
    I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jan 25, 2021
  4. enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ??

gpedit

[Windows Tip] How to Install and Enable "Group Policy Editor" (gpedit.msc) in Home Edition - AskVG
    i run this program on a Windows 7 home premium edition. When i tried to upgrade to Windows 10, all the settings made with this program was erased. And the program wasn't recognized. This program only make changes in the registry so i think it's strange that
    the Windows 10 upgrade totally erased the configurations i had made. The reason i use this program is mainly because i want to password protect when installing programs. Among other things. Allso access to the network to my computer is disabled with this gpedit
    program. Can this be fixed, that Windows 10 don't erase the registry settings?

Thanks in advance.

gpeditgpedit, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ??

1. enable-gpedit.msc in Home edition ?? - Similar Threads - enable gpedit msc

2. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  3. Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack: Hey, everyone, first time poster, haven't been able to locate a thread on this but it is important. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition and while doing a regular system cleanup I discovered lots of files beginning to show up in my Windows/Temp folder with the name...
  4. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  5. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  6. enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the edit group policy application (gpedit.msc) on Windows 10 Home edition. I found an article [https://pureinfotech.com/add-group-policy-editor-gpeditmsc-windows-10-home/ ] that claims it is possible to enable it by...
  7. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  8. Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan: I ran sfc /scannow the other day and it found corrupted files which it couldn't fix. I checked the CBS log and noticed that it seemed to be related to gpedit which I added to my Win 10 Home Pc some time back with a batch file I found on the net. I then ran the DISM tool....
  9. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...