Windows 10: Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Group Policy in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lowdown, Aug 30, 2016.

1. lowdown Win User

Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition.
    1. If true how to get it ?
    2. What is it used for ?

:)

lowdown, Aug 30, 2016

2. OSK no longer working.

Local Group Policy Editor is not available for Windows 10 Home.

Please refer to the link below for the steps on how to enable Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home.

How to enable Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Home.

Try the troubleshooting steps above again after enabling the Local Group Policy Editor.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Apiedup3 Win User
    Windows Defender

Hi I want to run windows defender for Windows 10 but I get a message, This application is turned off by group policy

To allow this application to run, contact your security administrator to enable the program via group policy.

How do I enable windows defender via group policy.

Apiedup3, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello lowdown, *Smile

Here's some more information below about the Local Group Policy Editor.

Local Group Policy Editor

The only safe way to get it is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. There are some hacks out there that claim to add it to the unsupported Home edition, but these don't work, and could cause issues.

You can set group policies manually in Registry Editor instead though. You can look up a group policy at the link below to find out where to add and modify it in the registry.

Group Policy Search

Brink, Aug 30, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Group Policy is a complex system that consists of much more than the editor that is just the user interface. It is not just the editor that is missing from home editions of Windows but the infrastructure that supports it.

Group Policy is an advanced method of controlling registry entries, not just in the local machine but in a domain environment it can provide centralized control over many thousands of computers, providing a level of control that would otherwise be impossible. That is the major reason why it was developed. It is a major upgrade of System Policy as found in NT4 and earlier versions. Home editions lack the ability to join a domain so Group Policy, if supported, would be limited in it's usefulness. But it is still useful on the local computer for editions that support it.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Group Policy

2. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  3. Enable group policy edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable group policy edit.: How do I enable group policy edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-edit/b1b67a7d-433f-448b-894e-de19815d1e95
  4. Windows 10 Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Group Policy: I need to Run My Dot Net C# application to be run with admin privileges' without UAC. So I have mistakenly added my exe name in group policy under "allow to run only specified windows application" and restarted system.Now I am not able to access any of windows application not...
  5. Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy: It is also does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/enabling-windows-defender-from-group-policy/166a1f5c-7456-400b-9a87-e69cda9acd33
  6. Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edapstah_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx1wq0/missing_group_policies_for_sandbox_to_enable_vgpu/
  7. Enabling Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enabling Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 Home: Needed to tweak background bandwidth and.... No Group Policy Editor. So, researched a bit and found this link. The second method with the powershell, the Batch File (gpedit-enabler.bat), worked for me Enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 home ..... Windows 10 home ver...
  8. Enabling Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 Homre

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enabling Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 Homre: Needed to tweak background bandwidth and.... No Group Policy Editor. So, researched a bit and found this link. The second method with the powershell, the Batch File (gpedit-enabler.bat), worked for me Enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 home ..... Windows 10 home ver...
  9. Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Bitlocker through Group Policy: Command to enable BitLocker on the C drive, store the recovery key to Active directory and generate a random recovery password. Is it possible to enable Bitlocker from a GPO to all Computers joined to a Domain, if not is there a utility that would help to automate the...
  10. enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the edit group policy application (gpedit.msc) on Windows 10 Home edition. I found an article [https://pureinfotech.com/add-group-policy-editor-gpeditmsc-windows-10-home/ ] that claims it is possible to enable it by...