Windows 10: Enable Internet capability

Discus and support Enable Internet capability in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I turned my computer on this morning, I wasn't able to connect to the Internet so I used the troubleshooter. It told me to turn on wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daniyalIqbal, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Enable Internet capability

When I turned my computer on this morning, I wasn't able to connect to the Internet so I used the troubleshooter. It told me to turn on wireless capability using the switch. I then use the switch to turn it on, it doesnr work. I then try the function keys and they also don't enable wireless capability. I have tried rebooting my computer, uninstalling the WiFi driver and restarting my computer and looking at windows mobility centre where it doesn't even show an option to tune WiFi on or off. Last time I had this issue I had to factory reset and it worked, however when I tried it this time it didn't work. I am using a Toshiba Satellite A660 with Windows 10 64 bit installation and latest update. I need some help as quick as I can as I have Microsoft teams meetings for the rest of the week and cannot miss them.

:)

daniyalIqbal, Feb 22, 2021
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. wireless capability is turned off

Try This.

Enabling Wireless in Windows 7 / Vista

1. Click on Start. It's in the lower-left corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Click on Network and Internet.
    4. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    5. Click on Change adapter settings. ...
    6. Right-click on Wireless Connection.
    7. Click on Enable.

Frank N St31n, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Enable Internet capability

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Enable Internet capability

1. Enable Internet capability - Similar Threads - Enable Internet capability

2. Windows 7 64 bit - Problem enabling wireless capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 64 bit - Problem enabling wireless capability: Hi,My wireless is not detecting any wireless networks. I've gone through the troubleshooter and it's saying that wireless capability is not enabled. The wireless adapter is enabled so I've checked that. I've also tried several solutions on the internet such as using the...
  3. Windows 7 64 bit - Problem enabling wireless capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 64 bit - Problem enabling wireless capability: Hi,My wireless is not detecting any wireless networks. I've gone through the troubleshooter and it's saying that wireless capability is not enabled. The wireless adapter is enabled so I've checked that. I've also tried several solutions on the internet such as using the...
  4. Wireless Capability is already enabled but can't connect, troubleshoot asking for turn on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Capability is already enabled but can't connect, troubleshoot asking for turn on...: i broke my laptop keyboard, but since i only use my laptop at home, so i don't really mind since i use external keyboard. But i don't know how to connect my wifi without the fn key on the onboard keyboard. i tried Google it and they said just enable the Wireless Network...
  5. Wireless Capability is already enabled but can't connect, troubleshoot asking for turn on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Capability is already enabled but can't connect, troubleshoot asking for turn on...: i broke my laptop keyboard, but since i only use my laptop at home, so i don't really mind since i use external keyboard. But i don't know how to connect my wifi without the fn key on the onboard keyboard. i tried Google it and they said just enable the Wireless Network...
  6. You must enable wireless capability - but my switch is broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You must enable wireless capability - but my switch is broken: Hello, I need my laptop for work however, recently it has stopped me from connecting to the internet. I have attempted many solutions including switching it on in settings, where it just switches it back off without me doing anything, I have attempted to use the fn key with...
  7. How to enable long path capability on new surface laptop

How to enable long path capability on new surface laptop: Can anyone help with my issue which is enabling long path for registry editor. No line for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-long-path-capability-on-new-surface/7893ef16-97e8-493f-9263-01dc71005a89
  8. How to Enable or Disable Intel TSX capability in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Intel TSX capability in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You may want to enable or disable Intel Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel TSX) capability for those processors that expose the necessary processor support. In this […] This article How to Enable or Disable Intel TSX capability in Windows 10 first...
  9. Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems

Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems: I'd like to know why in the world the Wireless Capability turned off for no absolute reason. I've had a lot of problems with only HP Microsoft Windows 10 and 8 computers just disconnecting from the internet randomly, deleting all my connections randomly and now the WORST of...
  10. Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?: Hi All, I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm...