Windows 10: Enable LongPath-Windows 10

Discus and support Enable LongPath-Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Issue: We have few users who are synching files from the sharepoint to their local machine. The filepath consists of more than 260 charecters. Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lucky Nthite, May 11, 2021.

1. Enable LongPath-Windows 10

Issue: We have few users who are synching files from the sharepoint to their local machine. The filepath consists of more than 260 charecters. Users are able to open the files online but are unable to open them locally as they get the following error message: Cannot open the file because the file path is more than 260 characters. Try Shortening the path or filename. The file path is 320 charecters. Shortening the path will not help in this scenario as there is a specific naming convention requirement for this department. What have you tried to troubleshoot this? We have enabled the long pa

:)

Lucky Nthite, May 11, 2021
  2. Kitson88 Win User
    Kitson88, May 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
  4. Kitson88 Win User

Enable LongPath-Windows 10

LongPaths for Windows 10 Enterprise not working

Hi All,

We seem to have an issue enabling LongPaths for Windows 10 Enterprise. By issue, I mean it does not work at all. All our PC's are on Windows Server 2012 Forrest and they have the latest updates (10.0.14393 Build 14393) which means the anniversary update
    is installed correctly. This feature would be amazing for our client as they have upwards of 2K files which are unreacable and when they run a search within file explorer and it picks up a file over the 260 character limit, explorer crashes and restarts.

The users are currently accessing the files from a mapped drive which is being shared from a file server with Server 2012 R2 installed.

The steps we have taken to enable the setting on our test lab:

* Enable 'LongPathsEnabled' REG DWORD 32 Bit key to 1

* Local Computer Policy --> Comp Config --> Adm Templates --> System --> Filesystem = Enable 'Enable Win32 Long Paths'

**We can see that the Local Computer Policy changes the Reg Key to 1 or 0 dependent on if the setting is enabled or disabled**

When testing we still get the same error message 'The file name is too long' and explorer crashes when it hits a file which it can see but not access. We confirmed this with mulitple searches and running ProcMon in the background.

Any help or guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

Kitson88, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Enable LongPath-Windows 10

1. Enable LongPath-Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable LongPath

2. Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad won't re-enable when usb mouse is disconnected: I have noticed that my touchpad will not re-enable itself when my mouse is disconnected. Under my synaptics pointing device setting, I've always had "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" checked On. However, it seems that windows...
  3. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  4. I am unable to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample...: Whenever I try to enable Real Time Protection, Cloud-delivered protection or Automatic Sample Submission from the Virus and Threat Protection settings, the UAC window pops up, I click Yes, the toggle turns on for a brief moment before turning back off again.I have no other...
  5. failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of...: I have a forge server, it was working until this error. It says failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows error in minecraft forge server.Here's the log:# # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: #...
  6. I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?

I have ran a bat file to disable autorun for windows services, how do I enable them back on?: So I wanted to test a software for a minute and then turn them back on but apparently the bat file is one way; it only disables the services. The services are all greyed out now and can't be enabled windefender, windows update, etc. Here is the batch...
  7. How can I re-enable the ability to use my password for login?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I re-enable the ability to use my password for login?: When I attempt to login to my PC, Microsoft forces me to use my PIN. I despise this and would much rather use my password. When I go into my account setting and login details, the option to use my password at login is gone. Please help....
  8. Should I enable hardware virtualization

Should I enable hardware virtualization: I found on google that turning on hardware virtualization is safe , as through this a rootkit can use hypervisor to completely hide from the OS .I want to turn on it enable core isolation & memory integrity protection , does this protect me from rootkits ? Which condition is...
  9. Should I enable hardware virtualization

Should I enable hardware virtualization: I found on google that turning on hardware virtualization is safe , as through this a rootkit can use hypervisor to completely hide from the OS .I want to turn on it enable core isolation & memory integrity protection , does this protect me from rootkits ? Which condition is...
  10. Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password: All the forum posts I see on this topic tell me to simply disable UAC, which is not a solution. How can I allow a standard user to launch a 3rd party application our accounting software w/o being prompted for an Admin password? How can I determine if it is UAC or another...