Windows 10: ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN...

Discus and support ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; From 2 Years onwards , I am using built in router with modem ( BSNL MODEM ) . I have two computers namely 1. desktop with builtin LAN and usb wifi... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN...

From 2 Years onwards , I am using built in router with modem ( BSNL MODEM ) .

I have two computers namely 1. desktop with builtin LAN and usb wifi adapter. 2. laptop with builtin LAN and builtin WIFI

also I have two android smartphones .

I have noted all the MAC addresses from all the devices , then I went modem router page , I entered username and Modified password , I choosed wifi mac filter page

I entered all the MAC addreses in hthe given box, then I enabled allow the device

I added WPA enterprise password for added security

If anyone knows the wifi password , if he tries to connect internet , he will be getting access denied or connection not available

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 10, 2018

2. Nokia 5800 WLAN Mac Filtering Issue with linksys router

I used the code "*#62209526# " to check the MAC Address, i also verified this through the wireless client list for the router.

DHCP is already enabled.

keep in mind that i have no problems connecting with the router if the MAC Filtering is turned off. The issue is that when i enter the MAC Address of my mobile in the filtering list it says "The MAC Address cannot be the multipart address".

faizanulhaq, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?

To answer your question, yes you can. I don't know the Asus router to give you detailed instructions but what you are looking for is "MAC address whitelist"

Edit: found a link.
    ASUS Wireless Router RT-N12 - MAC Filter

Simply use: MAC Filter Mode: Accept, then add the netgear MAC address to the list. That should be it.

logicearth, Oct 10, 2018
  4. mystvearn Win User

ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN...

Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?

Thanks.

How did you get that dummy ui? I think my router is slightly different from that UI:
    DSL-N12E | Networking | ASUS Global

mystvearn, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN...

1. ENABLE MAC ADDRESS FILTER IN MODEM OR IN ROUTER , TO BLOCK ACCESSING OF UNKNOWN LAN... - Similar Threads - ENABLE MAC ADDRESS

2. Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?: I have an irritating setup.I have a recent Acer Aspire Vero, which I got lat last year.It's a good machine and I adore it greatly.However, it is my first Windows 11 device.And I assume my issue is related to the newer OS.I also have an old soundbar connected to my TV, which...
  3. Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Bluetooth Device Mac Address?: I have an irritating setup.I have a recent Acer Aspire Vero, which I got lat last year.It's a good machine and I adore it greatly.However, it is my first Windows 11 device.And I assume my issue is related to the newer OS.I also have an old soundbar connected to my TV, which...
  4. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  5. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  6. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  7. USB modem block LAN connections

USB modem block LAN connections: Hi. I have a server machine whose IP address is 10.202.2.30/27 and clients connecting to the server from networks 10.202.2.1/27 and 10.202.0.1/24. Everything was fine until I plugged a USB modem to the server. When it is connected to the internet, clients in 10.202.0.1/24...
  8. How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!: Hello all brothers/sisters, Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started reading articles from online. And found few good articles like How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Windows and Mac) |...
  9. Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?

Is it possible to asign MAC address to router ports?: Hi, I have a Asus rt-12n modem router and a netgear nighthawk r7000 router. The Asus is only used to connect to the landline and all wireless connection is via the netgear router. Is it possible to limit access on the Asus LAN ports? The only wired connection I allow is the...
  10. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change a modems mac filtering using a laptop