Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle

Discus and support Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robin Watson, May 30, 2018.

1. Robin Watson Win User

Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers:

- Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine.
    - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine.

Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT 4.0 LE is prerequisite for using Nearby Sharing, I have been able to (at least) get the respective computer names to pop up in the notification field (Action Center?) on both computers, although it soon disconnects, and no file sharing is possible. I have been through several times to ensure that both computers are set up/paired, and are discoverable by all devices nearby.

I am putting the wavering connection problem down to the Vaio's old-hat BT 2.0.

I'm wondering if by using a BT 4.0 LE dongle in the VAIO, I can enable Nearby Sharing?

While I am aware that NS is not the be-all-and-end-all method, I do like that you can simply right-click on a file and 'Share' it instantaneously, it just appeals to my mentality of doing things (likewise, for sharing webpages). So, I would love to facilitate this on both these (home) computers.

Odd that I am getting a connection (albeit intermittent and non-functional), but after faffing with it for an hour, I don't see it hapnin' capt.

Does anyone have an opinion on the use of a BT 4.0 LE dongle to enable this?

:)

Robin Watson, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle - Similar Threads - Enable Nearby Sharing

2. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  3. Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design: Hey guys! Just want to share a 3D model design i made today. I'm trying to see how far i can take 3D builder. I also have the "casting" for the designs on on the table edges and feet. Took me about an hour to make this since i wasn't sure where i was going with it but now i...
  4. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...

Windows 10 Spring Creators Update doesnt install after restarting nor using the Windows 10...: I have been using this installation of windows for a while and I have disabled the Windows Update Services to stop downloads but now I have decided to update I notice that the installation of the Windows 10 version 1803 doesnt install, when it asks to restarts it shows that...
  5. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  6. Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...: Howdy again, We still have two machines on our network running windows 7 SP1. These machines were sharing a printer attached to the windows 10 home machine. Since 1803 I have not been able to connect to the printer from the windows 7 machines while 1803 resides on this...
  7. récupérer les fichier de mon ancien pc et le bloquer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    récupérer les fichier de mon ancien pc et le bloquer: bonjour, je suis rentrée hier et mon pc avait disparue la fenêtre était ouverte et j'habite au rue-de-chaussez. j'ai acheter un nouveau pc et changer de mot de passe. je voudrais récupérer mes données et bloquer mon pc comment faire et quoi faire?...
  8. How to quickly resize images using Windows 10 Photos App

in Windows 10 News
    How to quickly resize images using Windows 10 Photos App: [ATTACH] The Photos app comes pre-installed on Windows 10. The utility of this app in viewing images and performing basic editing tasks is well known. For instance, in addition to editing images, splitting videos or merging them together, the Photos app [...] This post How...
  9. Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...

Update installed this morning prevents me from using touch screen. How do I fix this since...: Why did the Window update installed this morning impact my ability to use touchscreen? This is a problem for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-installed-this-morning-prevents-me-from/28b2ed1e-9a2b-475e-be7d-4da8465d95f7
  10. Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off notification to enable edge access on touch screens: My wife's All-in-one Vaio has a touch screen that had to be turned off. But, there is this Edge Access feature on it where the bottom lower corner of the screen has some kind of function. It keeps flashing this popup at random times, sometimes right in the middle of her...