Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle

Discus and support Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robin Watson, May 31, 2018.

1. Robin Watson Win User

Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers:

- Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine.
    - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine.

Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT 4.0 LE is prerequisite for using Nearby Sharing, I have been able to (at least) get the respective computer names to pop up in the notification field (Action Center?) on both computers, although it soon disconnects, and no file sharing is possible. I have been through several times to ensure that both computers are set up/paired, and are discoverable by all devices nearby.

I am putting the wavering connection problem down to the Vaio's old-hat BT 2.0.

I'm wondering if by using a BT 4.0 LE dongle in the VAIO, I can enable Nearby Sharing?

While I am aware that NS is not the be-all-and-end-all method, I do like that you can simply right-click on a file and 'Share' it instantaneously, it just appeals to my mentality of doing things (likewise, for sharing webpages). So, I would love to facilitate this on both these (home) computers.

Odd that I am getting a connection (albeit intermittent and non-functional), but after faffing with it for an hour, I don't see it hapnin' capt.

Does anyone have an opinion on the use of a BT 4.0 LE dongle to enable this?

:)

Robin Watson, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle

Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle - Similar Threads - Enable Nearby Sharing

1. How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803: Tried to record with Goldwave Digital Audio Editing Software but I cannot find how to enable the Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112. In previous Windows versions including Windows 10 I could click on the speaker icon > Recording and enable Stereo Mixer as can be...
  2. How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112: Tried to record with Goldwave Digital Audio Editing Software but I cannot find how to enable the Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112. In previous Windows versions including Windows 10 I could click on the speaker icon > Recording and enable Stereo Mixer as can be...
  3. Enable Wi-Fi manually always

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Wi-Fi manually always: Is it possible to keep Wi-Fi disabled default always by shutdown, even if I turned on when using, then shut down. I only want to enable Wi-Fi manually only when i need it on, when using. 112304
  4. Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will allow users to easily enable S Mode in Windows 10: Earlier this year, Microsoft announced S Mode for Windows 10 and phased out Windows 10 S. The “S” doesn’t stand for anything in particular, but Microsoft says Windows 10 in S Mode is streamlined for simplicity, security and speed. Windows 10 in S Mode only allows the...
  5. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  6. Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle: Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine. - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine. Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT...
  7. Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 refusing to work with AHCI mode Enabled on Samsung SSD: So I have windows 7 working with AHCI support, Samsung telling me T.R.I.M is enabled. I use that as my control. I want to dual boot. SSD is set, so I install windows 10 on a separate HDD and the only way to do that is to put the bios on IDE mode because im installing windows...
Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle solved