Windows 10: Enable online speech recognition

Discus and support Enable online speech recognition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; @Brink. There is a tutorial at Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 which shows how to enable and disable online speech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Enable online speech recognition

@Brink. There is a tutorial at Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 which shows how to enable and disable online speech recognition.

Given your tutorial was written December 2018 I'm going to assume it applies to 1809, which is good, since that's the version I'm using.

I tried it but it didn't work for me, so using RegFromApp I toggled the setting in the settings app and these are the registry keys that get changed;
    Code:
    The MUID value is added if it doesn't exist, but turning off speech recognition does not remove it.

The first registry key is deleted when turning off online speech recognition.

Would you be so kind as to verify my findings.

So that then begs the question, what does the InputPersonalization registry value do?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 2, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Enable online speech recognition

Ok, now I'm confused. I've set the HasAccepted to '1' and I can talk to Cortana. I then deleted the InputPersonalization registry value, rebooted and I can still talk to Cortana. What am I missing?

So we have an 'enable or disable' online speech recognition and a 'turn online speech recognition on or off'. lol.

UPDATE: OK, I got it. Explicitly disabling the policy or setting AllowInputPersonalization to 0 disables speech recognition. A value of 1 or removing the registry value completely are functionally equivalent.

Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Enable online speech recognition

Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Enable online speech recognition

1. Enable online speech recognition - Similar Threads - Enable online speech

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out: Hi, this is what i am facing. And this is causing the windows + h key to do nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-speech-recognition-is-grayed-out/9b2bcee8-25c5-4e19-ad0b-de55c8d7c2ae
  5. Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Speech Recognition is grayed Out: Hi, this is what i am facing. And this is causing the windows + h key to do nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-speech-recognition-is-grayed-out/9b2bcee8-25c5-4e19-ad0b-de55c8d7c2ae
  6. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  7. Online Speech recognition (managed by organization)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Online Speech recognition (managed by organization): Please help I can't enable it and from using google the regedit change isn't enabling it and I need it for Phasmophobia submitted by /u/LongSchlongdonf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jltob8/online_speech_recognition_managed_by_organization/
  8. Can't enable speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable speech recognition: I am unable to enable speech recognition. Can you help me? I got an error message saying that Speech Recognition could not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-speech-recognition/aebf33f1-10bf-4849-9b06-1d5f04c23a0b
  9. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  10. Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When talk to Cortana and other apps that use Windows cloud-based speech recognition. Microsoft will use your voice data to help improve...