Windows 10: Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings

Discus and support Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Administrative tab in Regional and Language settings is used to manage your computer’s language. So, if someone alters these settings, the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings

The Administrative tab in Regional and Language settings is used to manage your computer’s language. So, if someone alters these settings, the display text of non-Unicode programs will be altered. If you want to see this setting, open Command Prompt and click Region.

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings hide-administrative-tab.jpg

So, if you are an administrator, you may not want other users to alter the settings. The best way to forbid them from using this option is by disabling the Administrative Tab. In this article, we are going to see how to enable or disable the Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings.

Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings

These are the ways by which you can enable or disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings.

1. By Group Policy Editor
    2. By Registry Editor

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] By Group Policy Editor

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings hide-regional-gpedit.jpg

The first method requires you to alter a policy in Local Group Policy Editor. It is one of the simplest methods to enable or disable the Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings.

Launch Local Group Policy Editor by Win + R, type “gpedit.msc”, and hit Enter. Navigate to the following location.

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options

Now, double-click on “Hide Regional and Language Options administrative options”, select Enabled and click Apply > Ok.

Finally, open Control Panel, click Regional, and the “Administrative” tab will be disabled.

To enable it, just select Disabled after opening the “Hide Regional and Language Options administrative options” policy.

2] By Registry Editor

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings hide-administrative-tab-regedit.jpg

If you don’t have Group Policy Editor, which is possible if you have a Windows 10 Home, you can enable or disable the Administrative tab in the Regional and Language settings by Registry Editor.

Before altering the Registry Policy, make sure to create a backup of your Registry. After creating a backup, do the follow the prescribed steps to enable or disable the Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings.

To do that, launch Registry Editor from the Start Menu and navigate to the following location

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International

Now, check if you have “Hide Admin Options”. If you don’t have this option, right-click on International, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it “Hide Admin Options”.

Double-click on “Hide Admin Options” and set its Value data to 1.

Finally, open Control Panel, click Regional, and the “Administrative” tab will be disabled. To enable it, open “Hide Admin Options” and set its Value data to 0.

Hopefully, we have helped you to enable or disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings.

Read Next: How to Install and Uninstall Languages in Windows 10.

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings hide-administrative-tab.jpg
    This article Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not recognising UK region setting

Hi Laurence,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as of now Cortana is only available for U.S.-English. Though search will work in all languages.

I suggest you to change the Language and Region to English (United States), United States to explore Cortana.

You may follow below steps to perform the same.

• Press windows key + x
    • Open Control Panel.
    • If you’re in the standard view, open Clock, Language, and Region and then click Region.
    • In Region change the following settings:
      • Go to Formats tab and set format as English (United States).
      • Go to Location tab and set Home Location as United States.
      • Go to Administrative tab and set Current System Locale to English (United States).
    4. In Clock, Language, and Region, click Languages and make sure English (United States) is set as your primary language. If you don’t have the language install, click on Add a language, search for English (United States), install
    it, and set it as your primary.

5. Re-boot your computer and you should now be able to use Cortana outside of the US.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, May 5, 2021
  3. Cortana disabled due to region and language setting

I'm very confused about Cortana experience.

As I tried to set it I had this fancy message: "disabled due to region and language setting".

Yes my language is English and my region is Italy.

However Cortana READ my sms and ask me (in Italian) if I like to reply or not.

So I feel Cortana is working (maybe partially) but I have no power on setting it.

I liked to have English as primary language ( I use to travel lot in Europe) but It seems not the case.

Any suggestion please. Many thanks.

claudioinguaggiato, May 5, 2021
  4. Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings

Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings

1. Enable or Disable Administrative Tab in Regional and Language Settings - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Administrative

2. How to delete/disable Display language region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete/disable Display language region: I have two prefered languages US English and Ukrainian and one unwanted — English United KingdomHow delete complitely English United Kingdom so I stop seeing two english keyboards?...
  3. Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.: I bought an XP Spectre Laptop in Japan. When the first install happened there was no initial option to switch language, so I did the install in Japanese. Since then I have switched the language and region to UK. But there are still some things showing in Japanese. If I search...
  4. Region and Language

Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  5. Regional settings vs display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regional settings vs display language: Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?: Display language: English Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing...
  6. Region and Language Settings - XML documentation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region and Language Settings - XML documentation: Hi I'm looking for a full explanation/description of the XML commands to customize my regional settings. See below: <gs:UserLocale> <gs:Locale Name="en-UK" SetAsCurrent="true" ResetAllSettings="true"> <gs:Win32> <gs:iCalendarType>1</gs:iCalendarType>...
  7. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  8. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  9. Region settings: Unable to set default language!

in Windows 10 Support
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!: Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When I put it back to English/US then all is ok. How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself...
  10. Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English: As you can see below, Cortana will not enable despite Australia and English being selected. I am 100% up to date on updates. [img] [img] Is there any other settings I need to change to get Cortana to work? Thanks! 30734