Windows 10: Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

Discus and support Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart How to Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jimbo45, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

How to Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart or Shutdown

If you leave Firefox open when Windows shuts down or restarts, Firefox may automatically re-open with your previously opened tabs the next time you start Windows.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Firefox automatically reopening after a shutdown or restart for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.

2. Type about:config into the address bar, press Enter, and click/tap on the I accept the risk button. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart [​IMG]

3. Copy and paste toolkit.winRegisterApplicationRestart into the search box, and press Enter. (see screenshots below step 4)

4. Double click/tap on the toolkit.winRegisterApplicationRestart setting to change its value to true (enable) or false (disable - default) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

5. You can now close this about:config tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

jimbo45, Nov 15, 2017
  2. Bree Win User

The ability for Windows 10 to reopen any app capable of registering for a restart if it left open at a restart or shut down was first introduced in the Fall Creators Update 1709.

on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before Solved - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

At that time Firefox was not capable of registering for a restart, but now has that capability. This tutorial tells you how to turn off (or on) that registration in Firefox. But other apps, such as MS Office or IE11 will still restart if left open when you close down. The ability to turn off the Windows 10 function of reopening all such apps (not just Firefox) was introduced in the April 2018 Update 1803.

*Arrow Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

3. CountMike Win User
    CountMike, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would
    just double-click them.

I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio and few more programs all together. When the above happens, I have to wait several minutes until I can start working, as everything takes ages to load.

The option “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart." in Settings > Sign-in options does not work for this case. Also, the Restore previous folder windows
    at logon” setting in Folder Options has nothing to do with this. And lastly, the startup folders or the Run registry keys aren’t used to relaunch
    programs after reboot.

Is there a setting to disable these programs from automatically opening at startup after update?

Here is the feedback link if you want to support this post: Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

Lucian Popescu (lucian.popescu), Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Automatically

2. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  3. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling: When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property window it shows metered Connection is in off position. Metered Connection disabling automatically. Kindly help me in this regard...
  4. Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows: I have been facing a weird problem for last couple of days. My #FirefoxBrowser in #Windows10Home is automatically starting when I am restarting windows. I've followed the following troubleshooting but the problem still persists. Does anybody has any solution? [ATTACH]...
  5. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  6. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Starting with Firefox 68,...
  7. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  8. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...
  9. Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows Firefox usually does a good job most of the time when it comes to tab switching performance, some sites have noticeable delays between activing the tab and...
  10. Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10 [img] Information A blue screen of death error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart...