Windows 10: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; please i need help! i activated the hidden acount with no problems but now i want to delete it so i dont need to put passwords every time i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015.

1. fillysg22 Win User

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

please i need help!
    i activated the hidden acount with no problems
    but now i want to delete it so i dont need to put passwords every time i try to download something
    the problem is though that to login to admin it needs a password
    but i have no idea what it is? how do i fix it? need help asap

fillysg22, Jun 3, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello fillysg22, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should be able to just sign out of the built-in Administrator account, sign in to another administrator account on the PC, then disable the built-in Administrator account.

Brink, Jun 3, 2016
  3. kunkun Win User
    Hello! Thanks for this great guide. I activated the Administrator account to make some changes to my personal account, and after that I disabled it with the /active:no command. But my C:\Users folder now appears a 'Administrator' folder, which I think it wasn't there in the first place. Is there any way I can make it disappear?

kunkun, Jun 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello kunkun, *Smile

This is normal. When you first sign in to an account, a user profile folder is created for it in the C:\Users folder. In this case, the "C:\Users\Administrator" profile folder for the built-in "Administrator" account.

If you like, you can safely delete the "C:\Users\Administrator" folder since you disabled the account. This will basically reset the account back to default.

Brink, Jun 12, 2016
  5. K05T4R Win User
    Yes! Thank you Brink!! I was about to give up on W10... Well I just upgraded and was already irritated by many of the differences. And now the fact a simple F8 wouldn't get you a Safe Mode w/ Networking option... And yet after discovering the new way to finally get into safe mode and it kept telling me the built-in admin acct couldn't use the apps etc was a headache because then I didn't even have internet access on my machine to look for help whilst in safe mode, despite selecting option 5 for safe mode w/ networking... But finally enabling the hidden admin acct, I got in, took ownership of folders and files and moved things around. Now I'm signed in w/ my regular MS account and all is working fine! Thanks so much! ^_^

K05T4R, Jun 15, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 15, 2016
  7. lavalian Win User
    Once again, thank you for such a great tutorial. Option 4 has saved me from reinstalling Windows. *Smile

lavalian, Jul 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help lavalian. *Smile

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  9. guniu Win User
    I believe that disabling "EnableLUA" in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] (i.e. changing the value to 0) makes your current admin account act like that Built-in Elevated Admin account. As I don't have to run programs as administrator, and also I can't run any Windows modern apps.

guniu, Aug 4, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Doing that will disabled UAC, and break modern apps. It's not recommended in Windows 10.

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  11. Culbrelai Win User
    how can you rename this account?

Culbrelai, Aug 19, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  13. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

I couldn't do any of these I don't have a usb and it won't let me bes the administrator so I can't do anything else.

dankmeansmoidt, Aug 20, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you doing it while signed out of the built-in Administrator, and signed in to another administrator account?

Brink, Aug 21, 2016
  15. tfwul Win User
    What are the effects when I remove the tag at Administrator->Properties->Account is disabled?
    at restart I get a warning that I am going to delete an account... ??

quickly 're-tagged' that option again..

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 [​IMG]

=

tfwul, Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Elevated

2. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10: This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from...
  3. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy: I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use....
  4. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  5. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  6. Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account

Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account: So I have an old admin account on my computer, that I dont remember the password for because I haven't used it in over a year. I started using my administrator account and when I upgraded to win10, it automatically disabled my administrator account and now i can't login to...
  7. Administrative account disabled

Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...
  8. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...
  9. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...
  10. Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable User Accounts in Windows 10 User accounts help control which files and apps each person can use and what changes they can make to the PC. If you have a user account that you want to make...