Windows 10: Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every newer generation of computers, these devices are getting mobile and faster. Chips are becoming smarter to serve faster wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 4, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 4, 2020
  2. t0yz Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

t0yz, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

There is, but I don't think it would enable/disable Modern Standby. I'll give it a play with though.

Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 4, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Totally different box and MB, get same/similar. Don't think I've ever been able to get S0.

(I have hiberfile.sys disabled)

Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Network

2. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  3. how do i enable modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable modern standby: Dear Microsoft Support,I am writing to inquire about enabling Modern Standby on my Windows device. I understand that Modern Standby offers benefits like faster wake times and background connectivity, but I am unsure how to activate it on my system.I have searched online for...
  4. How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0: Hi, I am having alot of issues with modern standby i.e., S0. I would like to disable this & enable S3 i.e., the legacy sleep. I have checked that my laptop supports S3. It is only when S0 is enabled, S3 cannot be enabled. Can anyone help me how can I enable S3 and disable S0?...
  5. How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0

How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0: Hi, I am having alot of issues with modern standby i.e., S0. I would like to disable this & enable S3 i.e., the legacy sleep. I have checked that my laptop supports S3. It is only when S0 is enabled, S3 cannot be enabled. Can anyone help me how can I enable S3 and disable S0?...
  6. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  7. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  8. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

9. Losing network connectivity in standby even with it enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing network connectivity in standby even with it enabled: Hi folks im on win version 20h2 mobo gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0) with latest bios Ryzen 5 3600 cpu im having some weird issue i cant figure out, with my network disconnecting when computer goes to sleep. I have tried a lot of settings without any sucess, including...
  10. I need to enable back Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to enable back Modern Standby: I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable or Disable Network Connectivity while in Modern Standby in Power Options