Windows 10: Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When you enable it, is there other elements that don't work? Eg.: Notifications window, some Start Menu items? Those haven't worked before I enabled it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

Those haven't worked before I enabled it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 3, 2015
  2. Dude Win User

Using run, type in regedit, then follow the path

3. This is what it has:

Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edit: This is with it enabled.

4. Edwin New Member

Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

That looks correct.
    If you have other elements that aren't working, you may have to run the 'Re-register Modern Apps' PowerShell script and/or the 'Reset Windows Store' .exe

Run these one at a time with nothing else running:

Open PowerShell and paste:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(let it complete)

then:

WSReset.exe

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  5. Thanks Edwin, it worked great.
    Everything is working like it did after a clean install.

Any idea on how everything stopped working ?

6. Edwin New Member
    Good to hear!
    You got the new clock?
    I have no idea why they stop working, best answer: "it's beta build!" *Wink

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  7. Yes, I have the new clock.
    "it's beta build!",
    I guess, was wondering if it was something I did or installed or removed to cause it.

8. Edwin New Member

Maybe, you never know.
    I have a few theories but, it's too much of a grey area to speculate on.
    I know for a fact when I switched to a local account then back again, things went haywire on me.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  9. Thanks, perfect directions to find it.
    Its not a good idea to go into the registry unless you know exactly what your looking for and what to do.

10. Edwin New Member
    Better change back to the old clock for this week, it reminds me that I'm going to loose a hour of sleep on Saturday night; the new one doesn't! *Wink
    Daylight Saving Time (for those affected)

Edwin, Mar 4, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Old reg trick shows up on 'New' Clock!

Edwin, Mar 5, 2015
  12. Are you going to share ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 5, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

K, but it purportedly breaks stuff such as timed trial software and the like!

Basically create these two 'Strings' at this location in the Registry. You'll have to fetch the symbols or the Alt-Codes for the symbols from the web.

Edwin, Mar 5, 2015
  14. Done, and looking good.

Agreed. It seems odd to have that Alarms app box open when you click on additional clocks.

I never realized you could already move around the calendar so much as mentioned in some posts here. Playing with W10 is teaching me a lot of new things about 8.1 *Smile.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 7, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Clock

2. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  3. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  4. Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...

Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...: I'll get a new, renewed, or used in either very good or like new condition PC on Amazon when $313.29 in July 1st, 2022 money reaches $500 or more per the BLS CPI Inflation Calculator, preferably on Amazon. It'll likely have 6 GB of DDR4 RAM or better and definitely Wi-Fi 6,...
  5. Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...: I'll get a new, renewed, or used in either very good or like new condition PC on Amazon when $313.29 in July 1st, 2022 money reaches $500 or more per the BLS CPI Inflation Calculator, preferably on Amazon. It'll likely have 6 GB of DDR4 RAM or better and definitely Wi-Fi 6,...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Calendar app has many interesting features such as connect your Google Calendar, […] This article How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay...
  8. Windows 10 new clock and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 new clock and calendar: I upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am not able to view the new clock/calendar. Tried the "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" hack but it still does not work with the entry set at "0". If I edit the entry to "1", I do see the win7 old clock. Just not able to get the Win 10...
  9. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  10. Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar: When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have the holiday one, of course, but I also have one I use to keep all my school classes and events in, so they're a different...