Windows 10: Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable New Tray Clock and Calendar Experience in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable New Tray Clock and Calendar Experience in Windows 10

Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 14291 released on March 17th 2016.

Information When you click/tap on the clock system icon on the taskbar in Windows 10, a clock and calendar dialog will open.

Windows 10 includes a new clock experience.

The (old) clock is the same as in previous Windows that displays a basic calendar and up to three clocks. This would be one clock for the local time, and up to two additional clocks for different time zones.

The new clock has a modern design that uses larger characters and spacing to make using with touch easier. It doesn't include additional clocks.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the new tray clock and calendar experience for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable the new clock experience for all users.

EXAMPLE: Old and New Tray Clock and Calendar

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below are to change the registry key and DWORD value below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

UseWin32TrayClockExperience DWORD

0 = enable
    1 = disable

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Disable New Clock Experience
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_New_Clock_Calendar.reg

Download

3. To Enable New Clock Experience
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_New_Clock_Calendar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Mar 2, 2015
  2. Susan Slow, Mar 2, 2015
  3. New windows 10 combined clock and canddar

jhadahimani, Mar 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you Edwin. *Smile

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    You can do that in Windows 7 & 8 too
    It's just not as pretty or large like the new one for us "bad eyes people"

Cliff S, Mar 2, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, I know. I guess it's one of my few quirks with Windows 10; there are so many items in places you wouldn't know are links cuz they don't glow, dim, underline, throb or frame up when you pass over them with the mouse!

Edwin, Mar 2, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    True that open window underline is pretty weak, specially on a laptop screen.

Cliff S, Mar 2, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

Nice tut, I like the new experience version.

Dude, Mar 3, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Same here Dude. Hopefully the finished version of it will at least show the times of the additional clocks.

Brink, Mar 3, 2015
  10. I enabled the new clock. Now when I click on it nothing shows.
    Any ideas ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 3, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    I'm sure it will. It's amazing all the little hidden gems you find!

12. Edwin New Member
    Restart Explorer.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  13. Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10

I use FF and restarting it did not work. Restarting the 'puter did not work either.

Edit: Disabling it worked, brought back the old clock.
    Re-enabled the new clock and nothing works.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 3, 2015
  14. Dude Win User
    Try looking at the registry path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

UseWin32TrayClockExperience DWORD

0 = enable
    1 = disable

When enabled is it showing a value 0

15. Edwin New Member
    When you enable it, is there other elements that don't work?
    Eg.: Notifications window, some Start Menu items?

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable New Clock and Calendar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Clock

2. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  3. Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar week number in Calendar bar on clock: Hello,I would like to ask if its possible to have Calendar week number in task clock calendar: .Also would be helpful for me to have it here: .Thank you for help....
  4. Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...

Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...: I'll get a new, renewed, or used in either very good or like new condition PC on Amazon when $313.29 in July 1st, 2022 money reaches $500 or more per the BLS CPI Inflation Calculator, preferably on Amazon. It'll likely have 6 GB of DDR4 RAM or better and definitely Wi-Fi 6,...
  5. Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I re-enable the big clock in the Clock & Calendar flyout in Windows 11 in S...: I'll get a new, renewed, or used in either very good or like new condition PC on Amazon when $313.29 in July 1st, 2022 money reaches $500 or more per the BLS CPI Inflation Calculator, preferably on Amazon. It'll likely have 6 GB of DDR4 RAM or better and definitely Wi-Fi 6,...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Calendar app has many interesting features such as connect your Google Calendar, […] This article How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Alternate Calendars for Calendar app in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay...
  8. Windows 10 new clock and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 new clock and calendar: I upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am not able to view the new clock/calendar. Tried the "UseWin32TrayClockExperience" hack but it still does not work with the entry set at "0". If I edit the entry to "1", I do see the win7 old clock. Just not able to get the Win 10...
  9. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  10. Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar: When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have the holiday one, of course, but I also have one I use to keep all my school classes and events in, so they're a different...