Windows 10: Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the New OneDrive Flyout Notification in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by f14tomcat, Dec 24, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable the New OneDrive Flyout Notification in Windows 10

Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an extra hard drive that’s available from any of the devices you use.

In Windows 10 build 14986, OneDrive version 17.3.6720.1207 and newer comes with a new more modern flyout notification with itemized file sync information. The new OneDrive flyout is currently not enabled for some users by default since it's still being tested.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the new OneDrive flyout notification for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive

ForceLegacyFlyout DWORD
    1 = Old

TeamSiteSyncPreview DWORD
    1 = New

EXAMPLE: Old and New OneDrive flyout notification

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (old) or step 3 (new) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use Old OneDrive Flyout Notification
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_old_OneDrive_flyout.reg

Download

3. To Use New OneDrive Flyout Notification
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_new_OneDrive_flyout.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

f14tomcat, Dec 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Battery details popup don't show estimated battery life

Hello Marc,

I have disabled Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. Disabling the latter would make the battery icon disappear completely. Re-enabled the devices and the remaining time until empty still does not get shown in the flyout
    (but gets displayed in the tooltip).

I retried the steps, now restarting explorer process before re-enabling the devices and then again after enabling them to make sure it loads properly, but the flyout still does not show the remaining time during discharge.

The only records in Event logs are messages mentioning "Active battery count change."- event Id 521 and "Power source change." - event Id 105.

Is there any way to enable additional debugging from explorer for flyouts?

RomanYepishev, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Dave_SF_42, Dec 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Merry Christmas Dick. *Smile

I like the way the new flyout itemizes each file it's syncing, but yeah I do wish it could be smaller with a scroll bar for the itemized files.

Brink, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable OneDrive

2. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  3. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  4. How to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10: Microsoft asks you for feedback. This way, it can improve its services and optimize the Operating System for you. However, Feedback Notifications can be annoying. Therefore, in this article, we are going to see how to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10....
  5. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  6. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Removing Files from Cloud Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  7. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload,...
  8. How to Disable Sound Notification in OneDrive (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Sound Notification in OneDrive (Windows 10): Hello. I have OneDrive installed in my Windows 10 Dell computer. When I press f12 to save a screenshot, I get a sound effect and the notification message on the bottom right side of the screen Screenshot Saved: the screenshot was added to your OneDrive I want to...
  9. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 In Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center app, which brings together common Windows security features into one...
  10. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is free online storage at...