Windows 10: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

Discus and support Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox Extensions are a type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SharpLeopard529, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones.

Starting with Firefox 68, recommended extensions will now show on the Add-ons Manager (about:addons) page.

The Recommended Extensions program will make it easier for users to discover extensions that have been reviewed for security, functionality, and user experience.

In Firefox 68, you may begin to notice the first small batch of these recommendations in the Add-ons Manager. Recommendations will include star ratings and the number of users that currently have the extension installed. All extensions recommended in the Add-ons Manager are vetted through the Recommended Extensions program.

On addons.mozilla.org (AMO) starting July 11, Recommended extensions will receive special badging to indicate its inclusion in the program. Additionally, the AMO homepage will be updated to only display Recommended content, and AMO search results will place more emphasis on Recommended extensions.

See also: Changes in Firefox 68 | Mozilla Add-ons Blog

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable recommended extensions on the Add-ons Manager in Mozilla Firefox for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Recommended Extensions on Add-ons Manager page in Firefox

Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.

2. Type about:config into the address bar, press Enter, and click/tap on the I accept the risk button. (see screenshot below)

3. Copy and paste extensions.htmlaboutaddons.recommendations.enabled into the search box, and press Enter. (see screenshots below step 4)

4. Double click/tap on the extensions.htmlaboutaddons.recommendations.enabled setting to change its value to true (enable - default) or false (disable) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

5. You can now close this about:config tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SharpLeopard529, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon

Source: Recommended Extensions program - coming soon | Mozilla Add-ons Blog

Tip How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon

Source: Recommended Extensions program - coming soon | Mozilla Add-ons Blog

Tip How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting LastPass, re-booted my computer, started Firefox and then re-installed LastPass as you suggested. I signed in to LastPass and then shut down Firefox. When I restarted Firefox it signed in to LastPass automatically so that problem remains.

And the Tools/Add-ons/Extensions list remains blank although now if I right click the LastPass icon in Firefox it takes me to the top position in the Extensions list (previously LastPass was #4) - so it seems Firefox isn't displaying the entries in the list but knows which ones should be there and their positions.

I never noticed a problem with extensions during this recent Firefox issue and the only obvious problem now is the automatic sign-in to Lastpass and the blank extensions list.

Update: The Extension list appears in Firefox's SAFE mode so it looks like my profile is damaged. Haven't had this happen before, could be random or something to do with the recent update....

GadgetBuilder, Oct 27, 2019
  5. update the extension on firefox

The latest Nokia PC Suite 7.1.180.46 that is available through
    www.nokia.com/pcsuite
    supports Firefox 8. In addition to installing the new PC Suite, you also need to make sure that "PC Sync 2 Synchronisation Extension 1.0.0.746" is enabled in the Extensions library of Firefox. Note that Firefox 8 seems to disable all
    3rd party extensions by default.

podhalanski, Oct 27, 2019
  6. essenbe Win User
    Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

I think the LastPass issue can be taken care of in the LastPass control panel. Have it not trust your browser and have your browser not save passwords.

I have FF 66.0.4. I reset FF back to defaults but it still would not install the addons. After about 5 minutes and a restart it installed mine and works fine now. It must have installed the FF fix in those few minutes.

Also when you sign into the lastPass fro your browser pay close attention to the remember boxes.

essenbe, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

1. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Recommended

2. Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

in Windows 10 News
    Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!: Many Firefox users around the world are browsing without their usual set of extensions after they suddenly stopped working earlier this evening. The event occurred as the clock rolled over on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, aka GMT or Greenwich Mean Time), and impacted users...
  3. Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon: In February, we blogged about the challenge of helping extension users maintain their safety and security while preserving their ability to choose their browsing experience. The blog post outlined changes to the ecosystem to better protect users, such as making them more...
  4. Extensions in Firefox 66

in Windows 10 News
    Extensions in Firefox 66: Firefox 66 is currently in beta and, for extension developers, the changes to the WebExtensions API center primarily around improving performance, stability, and the development experience. A total of 30 issues were resolved in Firefox 66, including contributions from several...
  5. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  6. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  7. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...
  8. Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox in Windows By default in Firefox, you can close a tab by clicking on the X button on the tab, pressing the Ctrl+F4 keys, or pressing the Ctrl+W...
  9. Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows Firefox usually does a good job most of the time when it comes to tab switching performance, some sites have noticeable delays between activing the tab and...
  10. Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Personalize and...