Windows 10: Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In Windows 10, you can decide how long you want each image to be […] This article Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 25, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 25, 2020

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 25, 2020
  4. tracit99 Win User

Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10  

Hey Shawn, I just did a fresh install of 15063.0>15063.14 Pro in a Hyper-V VM. I have no option for Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. The toggle is missing.

Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Also something I found strange it the fact that the registry had a NoLockSreen key and it was set to 1. I changed it to 0 and that got rid of the Some settings are managed by your organization message but I still have no option for Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. I have not configured a any group policy.

I saw you registry info at beginning of post and I checked my registry. I don't have a LockScreen key in any of my SIDs.

Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I solved the issue with not having Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option by using the information in this tut you did.

Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

The DisableLogonBackgroundImage DWORD was set to one. How this happened with a clean install is beyond me. Now if I could only figure out why LockScreen_O is not being created in SystemData I would be good to go. It seems that the more I think I know the more Windows mocks me. I sure have a lot of problems with the Lock Screen.

tracit99, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Show

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen is missing from Windows 10 Ent....

Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen is missing from Windows 10 Ent....: Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen is missing from Windows 10 Ent. Version 1903. Unable to set sign-in screen same as my Lock screen. Please help me to get this option enabled on OS or how can i set the Sign-In screen...
  6. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...
  7. Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 [img] Information By default in Windows 10, users are able to change their lock screen background image to Windows Spotlight,...
  8. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...
  9. Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign...
  10. Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Starting in lock screen background picture on your sign-in screen background. This tutorial will show you how to turn...