Windows 10: Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome

Discus and support Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome [img] Information Google introduced a new experimental Strict site isolation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by kado897, Dec 8, 2017.

1. kado897 Win User

Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome

How to: Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome

Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome [​IMG]
    Information Google introduced a new experimental Strict site isolation mode feature in Google Chrome 63.

Google’s site isolation feature improves security for Chrome browser users. When you enable site isolation, content for each open website in the Chrome browser is always rendered in a dedicated process, isolated from other sites. This creates an additional security boundary between websites.

Strict site isolation is not enabled by default in Chrome, but is available as an experimental flag.

If you enable site isolation, it will come at the expense of additional memory requirements for the improved stability and security. Memory usage can increase by approximately 10–20% depending on how the browser is used.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Strict site isolation mode feature in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Type chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-process into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter to go directly to the Strict site isolation flag.

3. Do step 4 (enable) or step 5 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Enable "Strict site isolation" in Google Chrome
    A) Click/tap on the Enable button for the Strict site isolation flag. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button to relaunch Google Chrome and apply this change. (see screenshot below)

5. To Disable "Strict site isolation" in Google Chrome
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Disable button for the Strict site isolation flag. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button to relaunch Google Chrome and apply this change. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

kado897, Dec 8, 2017
  2. Jsssssssss, Dec 8, 2017
  3. will windows defender in windows 10 protect chrome

>will windows defender in windows 10 protect chrome

I strongly suggest to heed Google's advice to enable site isolation....

" Google urged customers to enable the feature - it's off by default in Chrome 63 - to better defend against Spectre attacks."

See more details/info in this article (scroll down a bit to section Google Chrome):

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3246210/web-browsers/browser-makers-build-bulwarks-to-stump-spectre-attacks.html

Google Online Security Blog: Today's CPU vulnerability: what you need to know

Jsssssssss, Dec 8, 2017
  4. VBF
    VBF Win User

FYI I just enabled it and everything, including GMail worked after Chrome restarted. Ran CCleaner, checked and it's still enabled and everything still works.

5. kado897 Win User
    I've tried it again today and initially it didn't like my GMail "App" so I tried it as a normal web page and it was OK. I deleted and recreated the "App" and it's OK now. I've not come across any other issues.

kado897, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Strict

2. Google Chrome Site issues

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Site issues: I've had this problem for several months I believe but just never really took the time to figure it out. Full disclosure, I do not work for T-mobile, nor am I advertising for them. I'm simply using their site as an example. Basically, I would go to this site, fill out the...
  3. Google Chrome Improving Site Isolation for Stronger Browser Security

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving Site Isolation for Stronger Browser Security: The Chrome Security team values having multiple lines of defense. Web browsers are complex, and malicious web pages may try to find and exploit browser bugs to steal data. Additional lines of defense, like sandboxes, make it harder for attackers to access your computer, even...
  4. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  5. Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can...
  6. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  7. Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in Google Chrome 78 In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable an experimental flag called Single-tab mode. When...
  8. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  9. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...
  10. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...