Windows 10: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

Discus and support Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming How to Enable or Disable Game Streaming from Xbox One [img] Information Game streaming is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

How to: Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

How to Enable or Disable Game Streaming from Xbox One

Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming [​IMG]
    Information Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network.
    • This feature allows you to leave your living room and play your favorite Xbox One games anywhere with access to your home network.
    • Game streaming uses the power of the Xbox One console to manage the game. Your Windows 10 PC becomes a remote second screen so you can roam freely around your home while continuing to enjoy your Xbox One console and games.
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable game streaming from your Xbox One.

Note System requirements

To take advantage of game streaming, you need:
    • Xbox One console: Game streaming must be enabled in Settings.
    • Windows 10 PC: You must be signed in to the Xbox app with the same gamertag as on the Xbox One console.
    • Network connectivity: The Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One console must be on the same home network. Options:
      • Wired - Ethernet connection (recommended for both PC and Xbox One console)
      • Wireless - 802.11 N/AC wireless connection
    For best performance, it's recommend that your Windows 10 PC have:
    • At least 2 gigabytes of RAM
    • 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
    • Network connection to your home network:
      • Best performance: Wired Ethernet connection
      • Good performance: Wireless – 5 GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point
      • Limited performance: Wireless – 2.4 GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point

Here's How:

1. Scroll left from the Home screen to open the guide, select Settings, and select All settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Select Preferences on the left. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Game DVR & streaming. (see screenshot below)

4. Select to check (enable) or uncheck (disable) Allow game streaming to other devices for what you want. (see screenshot below)

5. Press the B button on your Xbox One wireless controller. (see screenshot below)

6. Select SmartGlass connections. (see screenshot below)

7. Select (dot) the SmartGlass connection you want. (see screenshot below)

Note To enable, select: From any SmartGlass device or Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox

To disable, select: Don't allow SmartGlass connections.

8. If you like, press the Xbox button on your Xbox One wireless controller to go back to the Home screen. (see screenshot below)

9. If both step 4 and step 7 above were enabled, you are now ready to stream a game from Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC when you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 12, 2017

2. Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
  3. ​How to stream Xbox games to a Windows 10 PC?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Launch the Xbox app.

• Sign in with your Xbox account and click the "Let's Play" button.

• Turn on your Xbox One and make sure it is connected to the same network as your computer. You can check the network on the Xbox One by going to Settings, followed by Network. You will also want to make sure that game streaming
      is enabled. This can be found in the Preferences section of the Settings menu.

• Select the "Connect" option from the left side bar of the Xbox app. Your Xbox should appear on the screen. If it doesn't, click enter the console's IP address. You can find the IP address for your Xbox One by going to Settings,
      clicking on Network, followed by Advanced settings.

• Plug the Xbox One controller into the computer, select Stream, and begin gaming.
    A recent update to Xbox app has also added a new "very high quality" streaming mode. You can change the quality of your stream in the Xbox app on Windows 10 by going to Settings, followed by Game Streaming. The "very high" option will require a fairly
    high-end router and wireless network. If you experience choppy gameplay, lower the quality of the stream to high, medium, or low.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

xbox game streaming not working on pc

Thanks for responding, i have already tried everything in that forum article and the phone support has tried everything with me too

things that i tried:

• changing wifi networks
    • resetting my computer
    • reinstalling the Xbox app
    • resetting the Xbox
    • changing just about every setting in the Xbox and the Xbox app
    • changing settings in the router
    • reinstalling drivers on my computer
    • using different controllers
    Also when I open the Xbox app on my pc sometimes i am able to connect when the Xbox is turned on but not if it is off(it is set to instant on), but once I'm connected i can test game streaming and it will say all good but when i actually go to use it the
    app just crashed with no error code.

Also i do not know if this is related or not but the home screen in the Xbox app just shows "something went wrong while loading this info" and whenever i try to view my friends captures the app will crash and I've also found out that the app will just freeze
    up when i try to join a party.

zackster900000q, Oct 26, 2019
  5. xbox game streaming not working on pc

I am not sure if you have already tried standard troubleshooting steps. Please also let me know the other steps which you have already tried so that I don't end up repeating the steps. I would give other steps to you to troubleshoot this.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10 -
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troublesho...

E for Excel, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) Starts Today for Xbox Insiders

Source: Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) Starts Today - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming

1. Enable or Disable Xbox One Game Streaming - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Xbox

2. I enable Xbox Game Bar on settings and it disables it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I enable Xbox Game Bar on settings and it disables it self: Hello, so basically when I go to my settings and enable Game Bar and then I close the settings or go to a different page and then I check back it disables itself. I tried various methods i saw on the internet but nothing worked! I would appreciate any help from you guys!...
  3. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: Hi yall, Does anybody know if I can start/stop Media Streaming from a batch file? Otherwise I have to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming every time it needs a reboot (sometimes it hangs or it fails to start after reboot)....
  4. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  5. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  6. Xbox One Stream to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Stream to pc: I have a high speed router like pretty much everyone these days if i want to stream over a local area wireless connection it should be flawless Internet is irrelevent.. How do i stream without this weird garbage of sending my signal via the internet and causing **** delays...
  7. Xbox Game Stream to Windows 10

Xbox Game Stream to Windows 10: I'm trying to use game streaming to windows 10 and I've read I can use my pc mic to talk to my friends in an Xbox party but I can't figure out how to. I've set my mic to default device I've unmuted in it the streaming app. Any help? submitted by /u/Peter_Griffendor [link]...
  8. Xbox One Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Games: Can I play Xbox One games on my PC if I have the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-games/68c01e10-f4af-4a11-8510-c3f7ca195ec0
  9. Media streaming to Xbox One question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media streaming to Xbox One question: Have desktop PC with huge secondary HD used to store family photo, video, music, etc. Applicable subdirectories set to share & stream to other devices around house. In main living room, we use Xbox One's internal media player app, and then browse to applicable subdirectory...
  10. Xbox one streaming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one streaming not working: Hi all, I have recently brought an Xbox One S and got everything all set up. But I can not Stream. I have Windows 10 running on my Toshiba laptop and have the latest version of the Xbox app. Also stream enabled in Xbox One settings and both are in the same network. Any...