Windows 10: Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct

Discus and support Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking for possible solution to enable PIN entry upon every Miracast connection between PC to Miracast Receivers. Based on Miracast Mirroring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by garytaysl, May 28, 2021.

1. garytaysl Win User

Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct

I am looking for possible solution to enable PIN entry upon every Miracast connection between PC to Miracast Receivers. Based on Miracast Mirroring protocol, PIN authentication is only possible if connecting Miracast over MS-MICE. For Miracast over WiFi Direct, the PIN entry will only occur during the first connection, and Windows will cache its PIN from subsequent connection onwards until the laptop or Miracast receiver recycle its power. If I want to enable PIN entry on Miracast via WiFi Direct, does Microsoft has any hidden Registry configuration to allow users to enter PIN on every Miracast session? Is there any possible solution to work around this Microsoft behaviour in not caching the PIN? Any suggestion will be appreciated. My laptop is running on latest Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version Build 19043.1023.

:)

garytaysl, May 28, 2021
  2. KatNixCat Win User

Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled:

realtek pcie gbe family controller

I have an LG Wireless adapted TV that I want to mirror my screen onto

Unfortunately, I have done WIN + R dxdiag and found that the drivers for the wifi adapter (which have been updated) do not support miracast.

The graphics card of my PC does support miracast.

What wireless pc adapter can I get? The ones I see are to plug into the TV; however, I need an adapter that will plug into the PC and wifi enable it well enough to support miracast.

Thanks for your advice.

KatNixCat, May 28, 2021
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Miracast required for screen mirroring to TVs but not found on Windows 10 Pro

The microsoft wireless display adapter suggested by Dave M plugs into a non wireless TV not into the PC.

if the tv is not miracast compatible then that is a perfect solution

however, if your pc is not wireless or your wifi adapter is not a Wi-Fi Direct CERTIFIED Miracast device, you will need a new usb wifi dongle for the pc.

Martmcd, May 28, 2021
  4. Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct

Mirroring function

Just to make sure that this issue doesn't only occur on your particular PC, have you tried mirroring a different PC to the same TV? Did the same issue occur?

Have you also tried mirroring on the same PC before? Did it work successfully? If yes, what were the recent changes made before mirroring failed to work?

To make sure that you got the right steps in projecting a wireless display with Miracast, you may check these steps:

• Turn ON the Miracast option if your TV comes with built-in Miracast support.
    • Press the Windows + I keys to go to
      Settings
    • Click Devices, then Connected Devices.
    • Click on "Add a Device" and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct

1. Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct - Similar Threads - Enable PIN entry

2. WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?: Good morning,I work for a school district and we are encountering an issue where it appears that Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast is causing interference with our Wireless Access Points, which is causing network performance issues. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this...
  3. WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Direct/Miracast causing wireless interference?: Good morning,I work for a school district and we are encountering an issue where it appears that Wi-Fi Direct or Miracast is causing interference with our Wireless Access Points, which is causing network performance issues. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this...
  4. Max resolution via Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Max resolution via Miracast: Hello, I am trying to connect my surface book 3 Quadro RTX 3000 via nativ wireless display to my Samsung Q80 QLED TV. However, when i extend the displays it doesnt support 4K on the wireless display Max supported is 2560x1600, but that leaves bars on the side so i used...
  5. Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable PIN entry for Miracast wireless mirroring via WiFi Direct: I am looking for possible solution to enable PIN entry upon every Miracast connection between PC to Miracast Receivers. Based on Miracast Mirroring protocol, PIN authentication is only possible if connecting Miracast over MS-MICE. For Miracast over WiFi Direct, the PIN entry...
  6. Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast: I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled: realtek pcie gbe family controller I have an LG Wireless adapted TV that I want to mirror my screen onto Unfortunately, I have done WIN + R dxdiag and found that the...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct: Hello, I have a smartphone Galaxy J5 (2016) which does not have the feature of screen mirroring like in the S-series, but it has a WiFi direct option. Is it possible to transmit a video from the smartphone to the flat TV/MWDA by using my smartphone's WiFi direct option?...
  8. Wireless Screen Mirroring.

Wireless Screen Mirroring.: I have a sharp smart tv with roku. I can connect android phones to it no problem but on my computer when I try to search for it nothing comes up. I have windows 10 with a GeForce 1070 with a ryzen 7. Both computer and tv are connect to the same wireless network. What am I...
  9. Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter

Miracast Problem with Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter: i m using win10 ver 1803. connectivity problem while using miracast. after doing lots of research i found the problem with Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter. My System Mac address is ba:81:98:26:20:c8. My system is showing Two Wifi direct virtual adapter,1. Microsoft...
  10. Miracast Mirroring Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast Mirroring Issues: Hello, I'm having problems with miracast mirroring on Windows 10 1511 When I updated to Windows 10 the miracast worked fine for a time, but with no other reason the screen mirroring stopped to work. Every time I try to connect to my TV the computer screen start to flickering...