Windows 10: enable power button hibernate option via intune

Discus and support enable power button hibernate option via intune in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sven rymenants, Apr 15, 2020.

1. enable power button hibernate option via intune

Hello Ms Community,

The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem.

We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's.

No my question.

How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option Hibernate.

I already tried with OMA-Uri but did not find the option here.

I already tried with a powershell script. Here i got it working on my pc but once I try to deploy it with intune it gives an error.

I found a lot of things via google but nothing seems to work.

Can somebody help me.

I'll paste the powershell script i've got in the post so you can see what it does.

copy of powershell script:

cd HKLM:\

Set-ItemProperty -Path "\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings" -Name 'ShowHibernateOption' -Value 1 -Force

This is the error I can see in CMTrace when i open the AgentExecutor.log file:

error from script =Set-ItemProperty : Cannot find path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings'

because it does not exist.

At C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Intune Management

Extension\Policies\Scripts\63c2f34e-183b-4699-bb0f-1a06ff314a73_37b150bf-8d44-4d01-9857-0329e1d41062.ps1:2 char:1

+ Set-ItemProperty -Path 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: HKLM:\SOFTWARE\...outMenuSettings:String [Set-ItemProperty], ItemNotFo

undException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemPropertyCommand

thx in advance

:)

sven rymenants, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

1 Check you are using the correct Dell-provided display driver

2 Enable hibernation in
    Power options,
    Choose what the power buttons do,
    Change settings that are currently unavailable,
    {Give admin permission to proceed},
    Set the checkbox for Hibernate,
    Save changes.

Denis

3. Rhina Vib Win User
    windows 10 hibernate does not power down computer

You can follow the steps below to enable the Hibernate option:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to launch RUN dialog box.
    • Type powercfg.cpl and press Enter. It will open Power Options window.
    • Click the Choose what the power buttons do link in the left sidebar.
    • Then click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top and scroll down to the bottom.
    • You'll notice that the Hibernate option is unchecked. Enable the option and apply the changes.
    • After performing above steps, check if you are able to Hibernate Windows 10.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 15, 2020
  4. enable power button hibernate option via intune

hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

enable power button hibernate option via intune

1. enable power button hibernate option via intune - Similar Threads - enable power button

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  6. Enable/Disable Windows P via Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Windows P via Intune: I'm unsure how it was disabled but I need to enable this feature for all users in my organisation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabledisable-windows-p-via-intune/b44ce749-3eda-42d3-b538-5ba588b33243
  7. Enable/Disable Windows P via Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable/Disable Windows P via Intune: I'm unsure how it was disabled but I need to enable this feature for all users in my organisation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabledisable-windows-p-via-intune/b44ce749-3eda-42d3-b538-5ba588b33243
  8. power button and hibernate query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power button and hibernate query: When I quickly press the Power Button on my laptop, it is set to go into Hibernate. Two times lately, it seemingly is going into Hibernate, the machine powers down and suddenly it comes right back out of what should be Hibernate. The first time it did this, I rebooted the...
  9. Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding Hibernate option to power button - fails: On a Dell Inspirion 15 3567 hibernate is not available as an option for the power button. This remains true even after following the tutorial and updating the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings). Am I out of...
  10. Lock Computer Option via Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Computer Option via Power button: Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the...