Windows 10: Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

Discus and support Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hawky, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Hawky Win User

Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the task bar. I like having Jump Lists enabled on my Start menu, but I hate having them on the taskbar! When I right-click a program like Chrome or Premiere on the taskbar the Recents list is huge! It towers almost to the top of my 1080p screen and I hate it because I never click any of them!

So I was wondering if there is a registry/group policy edit anywhere that enables Recent Jump Lists on Start but not on the taskbar? I think it's stupid these options aren't separate in the first place!

:)

Hawky, Jul 8, 2016

2. Cannot get Recent Files to appear in Quick Access

Managed to fix it: Settings -> Personalization -> Start -> Show Recent Items in Jump Lists on Start or the Taskbar needs to be enabled as a prerequisite.

whitehat2k9, Jul 8, 2016
  3. A'Ehmad Win User
    Modifying Windows 10 jump lists number of recent items to show and the Start menu tab in the taskbar properties

Thanks Linney.. these links are describing enabling the jump lists in early Windows 10 versions where there were no jump lists..

I am talking about the final release Enterprise edition in which I want to modify the number of recent items that the jump lists show.. this number is fixed to 12 items.. how to change it?

Kind regards,

A'Ehmad, Jul 8, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

You can use this regedit, and change the value. Currently it is set at 30. Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "JumpListItems_Maximum"=dword:00000030[/quote]

flybynite, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Enable Recent Items

2. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  3. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  4. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  5. Jump List Populates Old Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump List Populates Old Items: Hi,When I clear my jump list after a short time it repopulates old items.This makes it useless to me is there any fix?thanks,Nick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-list-populates-old-items/907c4554-84b3-49a9-8ac7-997ed8937a0b
  6. Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...: [ATTACH] I just want to turn off "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access", but the switch has been disabled. I don't think I have changed some options in Group Policy. How can I activate this switch and turn it off?...
  7. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  8. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...
  9. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...
  10. Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on an app on the taskbar or Start menu, it will open the app's...