Windows 10: Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello folks, How can I choose between S0 Modern Standby and S3 Legacy Standby modes during Windows 10 installation? I can't find any documentation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tillias, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tillias Win User

Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation

Hello folks,

How can I choose between S0 Modern Standby and S3 Legacy Standby modes during Windows 10 installation? I can't find any documentation related to this. I'm going to reinstall Windows 10 on my new Dell XPS 15 9500, but can't find any tutorial of how to enable S3 instead of default S0

Please advise

:)

tillias, Aug 1, 2020

2. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3)

and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down everything. a touch of the keyboard would wake up the fan but you just have a blank screen and an unresponsive computer...

conversely, i notice a few other computers i have where s3 sleep works properly, under powercfg /a, you only have standby (s3)

is there a way to tell windows to specifically only use s3 when both s1 and s3 standby are listed under powercfg /a ?

wildpig1234, Aug 1, 2020
  3. t0yz Win User
    Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

t0yz, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation

1. Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Enable Standby during

2. Bad battery performance with connected standby enabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bad battery performance with connected standby enabled: I have the surface pro 4 and i had as ive used it ive noticed bad battery life anywhere between 2 and a half hours or 3 hours of web browsing. So i was looking online and I saw that disabling connected standby might help. So i did and it increased my battery life to up to 4...
  3. Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every newer generation of computers, these devices are getting mobile and faster. Chips are becoming smarter to serve faster wake up from standby, faster charging, more power efficiency and more. The newest generation of these chips supports the S0 [...]...
  4. I need to enable back Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to enable back Modern Standby: I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when...
  5. Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart: I really need help Hi, I am trying to restart my PC. So I selected the option "delete files and clean drives". The machine seemed to start the procedure, but it is locked on the "Please wait" screen. I have never seen any progress screen and it has been stuck like this all...
  6. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg: My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3) and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down...
  7. Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby: Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and...
  8. From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...

From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...: Hey guys. New to these forums, long time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one. My Asus ROG G750JS is a great machine ... Just updated to the anniversary update... This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly. My laptop support...
  9. Mail app eating battery during standby

Mail app eating battery during standby: Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Log full of these: [img] HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is there a way to disable it? It cant be deactivated in the background apps... 32901
  10. Standby in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby in Windows 10: Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function. Looking for good ole standby- hibernate seems to make me power cycle the tablet to recover the screen 84035

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable modern standby