Windows 10: Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC

Discus and support Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I recently took my HP Stream Laptop (11.6 inches) off of safe mode to finish some college homework I had to do because microsoft edge doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaylaMarie1958, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC

Hi. I recently took my HP Stream Laptop (11.6 inches) off of safe mode to finish some college homework I had to do because microsoft edge doesn't support it. But now I'm trying to enable safe mode back and it goes well at first but when I need to put it in my password, it keeps saying my password is incorrect. I've tried every password I have, including my regular sign in password and my Microsoft password. What do I do?

:)

KaylaMarie1958, Sep 7, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC

1. Enable Safe Mode Back On My PC - Similar Threads - Enable Safe Mode

2. User disappeared after enabling safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User disappeared after enabling safe mode: I was accessing the hidden administrator cdm through enabling safe mode via restart. However my personal user profile has stopped appearing at the login page when entered into safe mode. This has still been the case after exiting to normal mode.I have attempted to perform a...
  3. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  4. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  5. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode: Hello,I'm currently trying to figure out why there are audio pops on my PC. I want to try them when there's minimal amount of other drivers. However Windows 11 does not seem to offer this possibility? I've tried adding audio drivers to Registry into SafeBoot Minimal, but they...
  7. Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Audio Drivers in Safe Mode: Hello,I'm currently trying to figure out why there are audio pops on my PC. I want to try them when there's minimal amount of other drivers. However Windows 11 does not seem to offer this possibility? I've tried adding audio drivers to Registry into SafeBoot Minimal, but they...
  8. Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log back into pc in safe mode: I used amd clean and ask me to go into safe mode because of error. I did so but now when i go to log in screen i cant type in my password. Mouse doesnt work or keybourd it seems. But if i open command prompt i can type. Is there any way i can get into my windows and maybe...
  9. Returning back from safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning back from safe mode to normal mode: Hi, To remove recently added software i wanted to go safemode and i used msconfig command to do so but unfortunately i blocked at login page, instead of asking pin it asked to enter password which i forget. I tried "shift+restart" to get in safe mode with networking and...
  10. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot: How can I turn on this function, again? I have tried the following: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy and bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes as per online searches. But, I get the following message: >>The set command specified is not valid. >>Run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low resolution amd radeon black screen