Windows 10: Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Discus and support Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EDoubleDIE, May 20, 2022.

1. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly say that it is applicable in windows server 2022. any ideas?thanks

:)

EDoubleDIE, May 20, 2022

2. Event 36871,Schannel

Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I
    have followed post regarding changing the registry settings and modifing /adding keys to the HKLM\System\CurrentcontrolSet\Control\SecurityProviders\Schannel\Protocols\SSL2.0 and dword for Client.

Flushed DNS, reset primary DNS to default of ISP. Does anyone have a clear explaination of these errors?

JohnSalzano, May 20, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft released Windows Server 2022 on August 18, 2021

Read more:

Brink, May 20, 2022
  4. Stigg Win User

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Schannel event id 36871

Hi, Purple.

I'm getting these errors now too.
    Did you ever find a fix?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: This seems to have fixed it.

After reading about the problem on the Microsoft Community thread Event ID 36871 - Repeating TLS Error 10013.
    I disabled SSL 3.0, rebooted, then re-enabled it and rebooted again, and the errors are gone.

I used Nartac IIS Crypto to do the job as many people seem to be doing, but as the website states, you could use the information from the Microsoft Doc to do it manually.

Stigg, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

1. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022 - Similar Threads - Enable schannel event

2. how to enable tls 1.3 on windows server exchange 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable tls 1.3 on windows server exchange 2022: I am trying to enable TLS 1.3 on exchange server 2022 using registry key I have added key to – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters\EnableHTTP3 with Hexadecimal value as...
  3. how to enable tls 1.3 on windows server exchange 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable tls 1.3 on windows server exchange 2022: I am trying to enable TLS 1.3 on exchange server 2022 using registry key I have added key to – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters\EnableHTTP3 with Hexadecimal value as...
  4. windows server 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2022: We are in the process of switching to a new file server for a company that mainly has laptops running Windows 10.Initially, we were going to deploy windows server 2019 but I stumbled upon a post that talked about Windows Server 2022 offering SMB compression which speeds up...
  5. windows server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2022: Hello Team,Please advise how to download License version of windows server 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2022/5ade07d6-54c6-4195-af58-a62709725dd9
  6. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  7. Schannel event id 36871

in Windows 10 Support
    Schannel event id 36871: I hope this is the right place to ask this question. This Schannel event id 36871 started happening yesterday. It only happens when I turn my computer on after being off all night. It recorded another event this morning when I turned on my computer. What I need to know is my...
  8. GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO SCHANNEL Event Logging Registry Item Reverting In Windows 10: Hello all. Running into a strange issue with implementing a registry setting via GPO. I created a policy to enforce some protocol settings for my company and am trying to implement the following item within it:...
  9. Event 36871,Schannel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 36871,Schannel: Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I have followed post...
  10. Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888

in Windows 10 Support
    Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888: Okay so I'm travelling right now and decided to stop at Hilton, I decided to take my Asus ROG laptop with me. It was kinda of a pain trying to connect to their HHonor Wifi but I did however I noticed 25 errors each for event ID 36884 and 36888. Here are the logs The...