Windows 10: Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start

Discus and support Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi,I need to enable bitlocker on a computer that is already installed and the BIOS settings during the install was Secure Boot disable and Startup mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oskar_2000, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start

Hi,I need to enable bitlocker on a computer that is already installed and the BIOS settings during the install was Secure Boot disable and Startup mode Legacy.

When enabling Secure Boot it force the computer to use UEFI Only but windows don't boot with that setting. I only get to the Windows Boot Manager, I can select my HDD but it don't boot.

Any idéa what I can do to start Windows with Secure Boot enable?

Thanks

Edit: its a Lenovo laptop

submitted by /u/Oskar_2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oskar_2000, Mar 22, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 22, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 22, 2021
  4. digibucc Win User

Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start

Windows 8 Secure Boot: Designed to Lock Out Linux?

from the article:
    translation:
    so if an oem manufacturer wants their firmware to enable secure boot with windows, it will be controlled and mandated by microsoft.

in order to allow secured boot, they will need to follow msofts rules. since the signed os bit is part of UEFI anyway, i'm not sure what rules microsoft will impose, but this is fancy speak trying to hide the fact that they WILL mandate and control firmwares that enable secured boot for windows.

not saying that does or doesn't make sense, they just deliberately tried to hide that point.

digibucc, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start

1. Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start - Similar Threads - Enable Secure boot

2. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  3. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  4. enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling secure boot: I'm running windows 11 22h2 22621.160 in my lenovo legion 5 laptop with amd ryzen 5 4600h which is compatible with tpm2.0. But i'm unable to turn on secure boot in bios setting secure boot setting is enabled but beneath that option it says secure boot status off.I've seen...
  5. Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I am looking for a solution to enable secure boot without windows crashing after reboot. I have an MSI motherboard, with a Ryzen 5 3600x, when I go into my BIOS settings I enable it in UEFI mode, mandatory to enable secure boot, and after saving the change I enable...
  6. Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot

Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I am looking for a solution to enable secure boot without windows crashing after reboot. I have an MSI motherboard, with a Ryzen 5 3600x, when I go into my BIOS settings I enable it in UEFI mode, mandatory to enable secure boot, and after saving the change I enable...
  7. Enable Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  8. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  9. Enabling Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I have Windows 11 home. My motherboard is a Z590 Aorus Pro Ax. When I go into my Bios it says that I have secure boot mode "enabled". However, when I go to my system information it says "Secure Boot State: Off". I'm trying to figure how to turn it on. It seems like...
  10. enable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    enable secure boot: How do I enable Secure Boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enable-secure-boot/2cb66ff5-ca78-43df-852f-7ed0f03bd331"