Windows 10: Enable security notification

Discus and support Enable security notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi, last night i disabled the security notification, when i open a file or program it asks me if want to make changes or open it with the "yes or no"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Teknosfinest, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Enable security notification

hi, last night i disabled the security notification, when i open a file or program it asks me if want to make changes or open it with the "yes or no" option, how do i enable this back for my protection?

:)

Teknosfinest, Feb 18, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Enable security notification

Security notifications with Windows 10.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to list exclusions. I could stop the notification by going one step further down in my security, which I don't want to do. The notifications in this case are from Dropbox, and are frequent and annoying, but the app is
    completely trustworthy, and I always click yes without a thought.

Isn't there something deep in th system which I could access?

EvaLawrence-987, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Enable security notification

1. Enable security notification - Similar Threads - Enable security notification

2. Can't enable notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable notifications.: Whenever I click the notification toggle to on, it instantly switches off.A lot like in this video: Windows 11 notifications for some applications are grayed and can't be - Microsoft CommunityExcept mine does it to the general option, not in specific apps....
  3. Can't enable notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable notifications.: Whenever I click the notification toggle to on, it instantly switches off.A lot like in this video: Windows 11 notifications for some applications are grayed and can't be - Microsoft CommunityExcept mine does it to the general option, not in specific apps....
  4. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  5. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  6. Enable Notifications for Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enable Notifications for Windows Updates: I have to manually go to the Updates and Notifications sections in Settings of Windows 10 to find out if there is an update available. I did not check it for a long time, and when I did, which was about 2-3 days ago, I found that I had two updates pending, which are now...
  7. Security notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security notifications: Is there any way to turn this off? I thought I had them off, I'm pretty sure I did but since I just updated I'm now getting them throughout the day. Both firewall notifications and UAC notifications (to turn them back on). submitted by /u/JustTheDman [link] [comments]...
  8. Security Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Notification: Each time I turn on my computer a get a notification that reads: First line "Virus and threat protection"; second line "Turn on virus protection". I have visited the Microsoft Community looking for asked and answered postings, but could not find what I was looking for....
  9. Security Notification .. ..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Notification .. ..: "Both windows and McAfree Firewalls are turned off " .. .. is type of notification iam getting on every boot .. My McAfree Firewall is turned ON n working perfect .. .. so why iam getting that notification on every boot thats annoying me .. How can i fix it .. My...
  10. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 In Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center app, which brings together common Windows security features into one...