Windows 10: Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

Discus and support Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I already tried enabling the EFS using Windows registry key, so I'm kinda at a loss here.. nothing seems to work. submitted by /u/sydneyitssydney... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sydneyitssydney, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

1. Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

I already tried enabling the EFS using Windows registry key, so I'm kinda at a loss here.. nothing seems to work.

submitted by /u/sydneyitssydney
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sydneyitssydney, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM
  2. KPalmer73 Win User

option to 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out.

Hi - I need to encrypt my laptop and also enable encryption on some folders due to some work I am doing for a client to comply with GDPR, but the option to 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out. I recently purchased the laptop with Windows 10.
    Can anyone help?

3. Encrypt contents to secure data is greyed out

I encrypted a folder with the Advanced tab thing. and the folder is on an external hard drive. Then I removed windows 10 just to try something and forgot about the folder. However, I tried to connect the hard to an another computer and I signed in with
    my microsoft's account. When I selected the folder to UNCHECK the encrypt contents to secure data option it was greyed out. I tried to change the value to 1 in the regedit thing and the services thing in control panel. I need these files please. They are very
    important!

4. Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

option to 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out.

Hello,

Please refer following fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-encrypt-contents-...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Nov 21, 2020 at 12:26 PM
Thema:

Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

1. Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10? - Similar Threads - Enable encrypt contents

2. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out: I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed...
  3. "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out: I've been trying to add password protection to a simple .zip folder but the option to encrypt under properties is permanently greyed out. I tried both the regedit and the command prompt trick to manually set the value for 'disable encryption' or whatever the function was...
  4. "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out: I've been trying to add password protection to a simple .zip folder but the option to encrypt under properties is permanently greyed out. I tried both the regedit and the command prompt trick to manually set the value for 'disable encryption' or whatever the function was...
  5. encryption is greyed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    encryption is greyed: i have a problem the encryption of folder is greyed out I tried the enabling of efs by setting it to automatic i tried enable encryption by command line. i tried enable encryption by registry editor. i use a account as an administrator using windows 10 home single...
  6. Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out

Windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out: Hi I am using windows 10 home version and I am not able to encrypt any folder. windows 10 encrypt folder greyed out for me. I have tried all options such as making EFS enable from using windows registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem and...
  7. Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.: Can anyone help please. I seem to be reading contradictory information on whether it is even possible to encrypt folders in Windows 10 Home edition. One site I found suggested two possible methods, both of which I followed to no effect. First, using regedit in the...
  8. file encryption option greyed out

file encryption option greyed out: i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption-option-greyed-out/d7edb66e-8cc8-4817-aa53-13a3c56357bd"
  9. W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed

W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) Bitlocker 2.0 encrypted system 1. In File Explorer go to the C: drive and create TestEncryption folder: 2. Right-click on the TestEncryption folder and click Properties. 3. Click on the...
  10. Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out: Hi Was wondering if I could get some help with the Cannot encrypt contents to secure data which is grayed out. In a folder with my data. I'm running Windows 10 thank you. 99197