Windows 10: Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application

Discus and support Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are developing the UWP applications, which has the requirements to open the logical drives (C: and D:) on application like File Picker and File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pariventhan (ext) (SHS, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application

We are developing the UWP applications, which has the requirements to open the logical drives (C: and DEnable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application :) on application like File Picker and File Explorer.
    We have both requirements,

1. File Picker
    2. File Explorer - Display the all the drives and folders as like as windows file explorer

We have achieved the both features for administrator user and non-administrator user when enabling the File Permission for that app, but we are not able access on Logical drivers on Kiosk user mode and we are able to access the Known folders alone, so please let us know the is there any options available to enable those drives for kiosk users on windows 1809 or later versions.

We have setup with multi kiosk app mode

:)

Pariventhan (ext) (SHS, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Sep 30, 2019
  3. LS9385472 Win User
    M365 Device Management Profile not loading IE11 in kiosk mode

I'm deploying an M365 device management profile to a win10 1809 device that enables a multi app kiosk setup with IE11. All applications will open and run except IE11 where applocker blocks it.

I dont have any applockers enabled but even if I make a rule to allow everyone to run everything, applocker still still blocks IE11.

Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application [​IMG]

LS9385472, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application

Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application

1. Enable the logical drives on Multi app kiosk mode on UWP application - Similar Threads - Enable logical drives

2. Windows 10 & 11 Kiosk mode still tries to run UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & 11 Kiosk mode still tries to run UWP apps: When I setup Windows 10 Pro or 11 Pro machine in kiosk mode it still tries to run garbage apps like Your Phone, OneDrive Updater, etc... I get a popup that says restrictions don't allow this app to run. I have to disable Kiosk mode, log back in as that user, disable all that...
  3. Multi App Kiosk mode shows blank icons for 4x4 tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi App Kiosk mode shows blank icons for 4x4 tiles: Hello,I recently tried creating a provisioning profile for multi-app kiosk purposes. source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/lock-down-windows-10-to-specific-appsEverything worked beautifully, but for some reason whenever I try to set up a 4x4 tile it...
  4. Multi App Kiosk mode shows blank icons for 4x4 tiles

Multi App Kiosk mode shows blank icons for 4x4 tiles: Hello,I recently tried creating a provisioning profile for multi-app kiosk purposes. source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/lock-down-windows-10-to-specific-appsEverything worked beautifully, but for some reason whenever I try to set up a 4x4 tile it...
  5. Multi App Kiosk mode shows blank icons for 4x4 tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Kiosk mode slows my application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kiosk mode slows my application: Hello,I have a an Qt Application that I want to put on Kiosk mode.I used this link to do that : https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/configuration/kiosk-single-app#powershellThe goal of my application is to display content but with triggers imagine you have a product in...
  7. Problem running ClickOnce application in Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode

Problem running ClickOnce application in Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode: It works until the ClickOnce application is updated after this it’s not possible run the application. Is there any other way of doing this for a ClickOnce application? The XML configuration file for the multi-app kiosk setup looks as below: <?xml version="1.0"...
  8. Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available

Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available: I have created a provisioning package to apply a Windows 10 multi-app kiosk. The associated XML allow for 2 Windows Store apps one from Microsoft and one from a third party to run. It creates an autologon user and puts 2 icons on the desktop for the apps. Once the package...
  9. Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top

Assigned Access Multi App Kiosk Mode Always on top: We are using a multi app kiosk setup that allows the users to open various programs. The problem is we use a time keeping app that times their use that should be always on top in the bottom right hand corner. Unfortunately the application only shows when they open another...
  10. Multi Langue UWP App

Multi Langue UWP App: Is there a windows store app out there that lets me right sort piece of code and then run them just as testing sort of thing, not a full blown ide but some with syntax highlighting, that can work with a range languages, it only needs to support console output, i just want...