Windows 10: Enable TPM on BIOS

Discus and support Enable TPM on BIOS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by f23948, Jul 3, 2021.

1. f23948 Win User

Enable TPM on BIOS

Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS?

:)

f23948, Jul 3, 2021

2. Cannot Turn on TPM

Yesterday the TPM was locked on my laptop.

Following expiration of the lock-out period I updated the TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 in the bios.

Now when I try and prepare the TPM I get the error message detailed in the picture.

I have tried a number of actions to rectify including the following:

• Turned TPM off and on
    • Disabled and Enabled TPM
    • Cleared the TPM

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

The only thing to mention is that I updated the Bios to the latest version earlier in the week then I did the TPM Bios update.

Enable TPM on BIOS [​IMG]

RobBoston83, Jul 3, 2021
  3. TPM 2.0 with AMD fTPM bios setting enabled on Asus x570 mobo

With MS getting in a funk and making TPM 2.0 a mandatory system requirement I ran the Windows 11 system checker MS released. It said my main system with an Asus ROG Strix x570-E Gaming (bios 3603) wasn't compliant because there was no TPM 2.0.

btw I'm running Windows 10 21H1 - 19043.1081.

So I dived into the bios set AMD fTPM Configuration to Enabled and now the PC is TPM 2.0 compliant.
    Does anyone have experience with the mobo Q code 9E (listed as being for future use) which now displays? I know it shows after running the AMD Ryzen Master app.

Has anyone had any issues when this Q code 9E displays? I'm going to leave the fTpm setting in the bios enabled to see what happens. There are no error messages in the Event Viewer nor system crashes etc. so far.

Here is a screen capture from the TPM module in Windows:

Enable TPM on BIOS [​IMG]

Marcus Vinicus, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Enable TPM on BIOS

TPM

Press Windows key + R

open TPM management by enteringtpm.msc in the Run window.

Hit Enter

In the right-hand pane, click on Clear TPM and wait for Windows to restart automatically.

After restarting, open BIOS settings (UEFI in my case).

Again clear the TPM from the BIOS settings. It may be listed under Security tab.

Save the changes and exit the BIOS.

Andre for Directly, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

Enable TPM on BIOS

1. Enable TPM on BIOS - Similar Threads - Enable TPM BIOS

2. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  3. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  4. TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS: Hello, Apparently the TPM is missing the two following keys called "variables" in the BIOS' secure boot menu: Authorized timestamps OsRecovery Signatures I tried restoring factory keys and resetting the BIOS and it still can't find these keys, and Windows still isn't able to...
  5. TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS

TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS: Hello, Apparently the TPM is missing the two following keys called "variables" in the BIOS' secure boot menu: Authorized timestamps OsRecovery Signatures I tried restoring factory keys and resetting the BIOS and it still can't find these keys, and Windows still isn't able to...
  6. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  7. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  8. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. enabling tpm in BIOS when i dont have a tpm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enabling tpm in BIOS when i dont have a tpm: i enabled tpm in my BIOS when i dont have a tpm then my computer didnt boot, so i turned off my computer and turned back on re entered the BIOS and disabled the tpm and now my pc works fine. Will enabling the tpm in my BIOS in the first place damage my PC in any way?...
  10. Enable TPM on BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028