Windows 10: Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

Discus and support Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rui Esteves PROLogin, May 18, 2022.

1. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party ISN'T and anti-virus.We've already tried to force enable the windows defender through GPO and Registry.Any sugestion is welcome

:)

Rui Esteves PROLogin, May 18, 2022
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Working...

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. - Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, May 18, 2022
  3. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, May 18, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

Windows Defender or 3rd party?

That is a much saner approach, Thank you. Disemboweling Defender simply bothered me.

I agree.

f14tomcat, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

1. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution - Similar Threads - Enable Defender 3rd

2. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution: Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party ISN'T and anti-virus.We've already tried to force enable the windows defender through GPO and Registry.Any sugestion is welcome...
  3. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution: Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party ISN'T and anti-virus.We've already tried to force enable the windows defender through GPO and Registry.Any sugestion is welcome...
  4. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender running with 3rd party software: Had to reset my PC recently to try and solve a Microsoft Update issue, didn`t resolve it. But recently noticed that in security center, "where it did state that my 3rd party software name was protecting my pc" now it just shows - This is Defender running. Although when go to...
  5. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender running with 3rd party software: Had to reset my PC recently to try and solve a Microsoft Update issue, didn`t resolve it. But recently noticed that in security center, "where it did state that my 3rd party software name was protecting my pc" now it just shows - This is Defender running. Although when go to...
  6. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  8. Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker

Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker: For the last few years almost all PCs sold come with bundled Norton or McAfee; what is the simplest / plug-n-play, method of enabling MICROSOFT DEFENDER and disabling the 3rd party virus checkers ?...
  9. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable 3rd party access to a child account: I am trying to enable access to 3rd party apps for my daughter's child account. When attempting to add outlook.com to Mail app on iOS, it is asking me to go to account.live.com/mk to enable 3rd party access to her account. when i go to that link, only 1 of my 4 children are...
  10. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....