Windows 10: Enable Windows Hello on Win 10 1903, on a domain

Discus and support Enable Windows Hello on Win 10 1903, on a domain in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I keep getting Option is currently unavailable - something went wrong under Sign-in options I can add a fingerprint through Account protection but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cmilj, Jul 29, 2019.

1. cmilj Win User

Enable Windows Hello on Win 10 1903, on a domain

I keep getting Option is currently unavailable - something went wrong under Sign-in options

I can add a fingerprint through Account protection but not a PIN

Win log say:

The Primary Account Primary Refresh Token prerequisite check failed.

Error no 7201

:)

cmilj, Jul 29, 2019

2. windows hello, Logitech brio, win10 1903

Since my upgrade to 1903 windows 10 hello cannot turn on camera for hello, though camera works for Skype and other programs.

This has happened at least twice before at feature updates.

I have followed all the suggestions listed in community support but still of no avail.

This should not happen whenever one upgrades. Hello is an important feature.

Francis Fiorenza

FrancisFiorenza, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Enabling Hello and PIN sign in in domain joined machine running Windows 10 Anniversary edition (1607)

I've been trying to enable Hello and PIN sign in on my domain joined machine running Win 10 (1607 update).

Unfortunately I was not able to get this to work. Does anyone have any idea how to configure this successfully.

I've already enabled PIN and Hello in the Local Group Policy. It's also enabled in our Default Domain GPO.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

chriskaminski, Jul 29, 2019
  4. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Windows Hello on Win 10 1903, on a domain - Similar Threads - Enable Hello 1903

2. win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 1903: will not work properly with my Samsung laptop and Samsung stated that I need to downgrade to at least 1607. Is this wise? It is no longer supported. How do I do this? Samsung also stated that a downgrade to windows 8 might be needed. The computer seems to work fine mostly...
  3. Windows Hello With Domain Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello With Domain Account: Hello, I would like to sign into my PC with Windows Hello using my laptop's fingerprint sensor. However, I sign into Windows using a domain account, not a local or Microsoft account. Apparently, Windows Hello is not enabled by default for domain accounts. I am curious as to...
  4. Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1903: Can someone tell me why the EOL for 1903 is sooner that 1809? 1903 EOL 12-08-2020 1809 EOL 05-11-2021 [img] 141176
  5. Windows Hello unavailable on Windows 10 1903 with Domain Joined

Windows Hello unavailable on Windows 10 1903 with Domain Joined: Hi, I have problem with Windows Hello for PIN Sign-in option. This happen to all my user laptop that join with company Domain. [ATTACH] I also already create policy in GPO to enable Windows Hello and PIN Sign-in option as per other solution give, but this not help me...
  6. After update to 1903 Windows Hello no longer available on Domain connected PC's...

After update to 1903 Windows Hello no longer available on Domain connected PC's...: We have noticed that several PC's, one of which being brand new, are unable to utilize the Windows Hello function. All of these PC's are on our domain, though I tested a local profile as well and it was available. So that led me to think that something changed in Group...
  7. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903: I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of...
  8. Windows Hello Not Working in Windows 10 1903

Windows Hello Not Working in Windows 10 1903: I tried to enable Windows Hello in my notebook which connected to domain. I also enable policy in the domain already but it still show unable like this [ATTACH] This is report from gpresult Click here...
  9. to enable window hello

to enable window hello: enable window hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-enable-window-hello/3e400d7c-d0b3-4bf2-9900-c8131b480fb8
  10. Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network: Hi. I have a non-domain computer (win 10 basic). Can it connect to a Aerohive wireless domain network? Any links to a tutorial on the net? Thanks... *Smile 49689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello pin something went wrong 1903

2. enable windows hello domain pc

3. windows hello something went wrong domain

4. windows hello i windows 10 domain,
  5. windows 10 1903 sign-in options something went wrong. try again later,
  6. enable hello windows 10 1903 domain,
  7. 1903 turning on windows hello,
  8. windows hello is currently unavailable - something went wrong,
  9. gpo 1903 windows hello,
  10. windows hello domain join,
  11. 1903 hello disabled,