Windows 10: Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

Discus and support Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieSugden, May 23, 2022.

1. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon reboot Windows Logo appears then no display at all HDMI No signal7. Connected old monitor ASUS VGA2788. Windows reboot successful9. Disabled graphics card in device manager10. Reconnect to new monitor was successful11. No way to turn off HDR because prompt does not appear in 'display settings'12. Verified operation of

:)

CharlieSugden, May 23, 2022

2. HDR won't enable!

I'm having the same issue described above and by everyone else in the thread. Before, HDR was greyed out because I had my 4k TV and my 2k monitor plugged in at the same time, so I started unplugging my monitor when I wanted to play/watch stuff in 4k because
    it allowed me to enable HDR and advanced color.

Today, however, Windows said something about restart for an update and ever since then I haven't been able to enable HDR and advanced color. I click to turn it on, the screen goes black, pops up saying keep changes or revert and HDR is disabled again. I
    tried different resolutions and always had the same result. I tried another HDMI cable and same thing.

Has anyone figured out what the cause is yet? I can't tell if HDR is enabled or not and the game I'm playing, Wolfenstein 2, allows you to enable/disable HDR in-game so I'm not in a rush to get this issue fixed but I would like to soon.

First when I enabled HDR on my PC the screen was all hazey so I had to go into nvidia control panel and change the color settings. I set the desktop color depth to highest (32-bit), output color depth to 8 bpc (only option), output color format to YCbCr444,
    and output dynamic range to Limited (only option) and that fixed the haze issue. The color settings are still set to those despite HDR being disabled according to Windows display settings.

SebbyWells, May 23, 2022
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Thagstrom, May 23, 2022
  4. TimCarl Win User

Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

1. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR - Similar Threads - Enabled HDR Display

2. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  3. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. HDR button is disabled but hdr is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR button is disabled but hdr is on: [ATTACH] hello, how can i disable permanently hdr from windows? it turns on every time i fire up call of duty. I have a freesync2 monitor, this is a problem only when i select "extended" from freesync monitor option, if i select "standard" there are no problem, but...
  6. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  7. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  8. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  9. Cant enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...
  10. Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings: I have not tried all games yet, so far Titanfall 2 and DOOM (OGL and Vulkan) both have issues with having HDR enabled in Windows and running native 4k. The colors get all messed up. In TF2 most of the whites get replaced with black or purple and sometimes the white parts of...