Windows 10: EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

Discus and support EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Obviously, setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System | EnableLUA to 0 is not the same as selecting Never notify in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MainSoft, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MainSoft Win User

EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

Hi,

Obviously, setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System | EnableLUA to 0 is not the same as selecting Never notify in the UAC settings. I have a severe problem with this (applications misbehaving when EnableLUA is set to 0) and I'd like to know the exact difference between both solutions.

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

MainSoft, Jul 27, 2019

2. Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here managed to figure out a workaround to the UAC/EnableLua trick that helped me to get Windows 8.1 to understand that I wanted uninterupted admin priveledges 24/7 and I was still able to use most Windows apps (like Photo Viewer).

I've successfully done the same thing with Windows 10, but I am now prevented from opening the Windows 10 photo viewer as well as some other things.

Setting EnableLua in the registry from 0 back to 1 solves this, but things like command prompt and PowerShell no longer open as administrator by default.

LovingWindows, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 27, 2019
  4. EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

SLI with different cards

You don't have UAC fully disabled. Follow these steps.

Boskosauce, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

1. EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ? - Similar Threads - EnableLUA=0 same Never

2. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  3. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  4. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...: I understand that in a corporate environment the need to avoid using a PC as a local admin, and that you should use the PC as a standard user for day-to-day use. However, my home PC is different because it was set up with my Microsoft account and thus my user "is" the admin....
  6. When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...: I understand that in a corporate environment the need to avoid using a PC as a local admin, and that you should use the PC as a standard user for day-to-day use. However, my home PC is different because it was set up with my Microsoft account and thus my user "is" the admin....
  7. How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights: In Win-10, I have signed in thru User account and want to change UAC level to "Never notify". But being a Non-Administrative account I am not able to change it, below default. And I need help on how to change this to "Never notify"...
  8. 1809 and "EnableLua 0" conflict. with vertical sync enabled

1809 and "EnableLua 0" conflict. with vertical sync enabled: 1809 windows 10 update have a problem when disabling "run all administrator with admin approval mode" which making a conflict specially when disabling vertical sync, this conflict make my mouse beeping and freezing all the time in some old games like half life 1. the...
  9. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify): It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must...
  10. Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Workaround for UAC/EnableLua trick?: Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here managed to figure out a workaround to the UAC/EnableLua trick that helped me to get Windows 8.1 to understand that I wanted uninterupted admin priveledges 24/7 and I was still able to use most Windows apps (like Photo Viewer)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EnableLUA

2. enable lua

3. enableLUA Settings

4. enableLUA always get back to 0,
  5. enablelua 0 enable for users,
  6. what happens when i set enable lua to 0,
  7. EnableLUA default,
  8. enablelua=0. windows 10,
  9. what is EnableLUA,
  10. what is enablelua to 0